Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gophers 2019 Season thread...

Default Re: Gophers 2019 Season thread...

I thought having the OC bail would hurt
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

So wonder if the gophers now think they’re good enough to play us again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All you Fleck non-believers purify yourself in the waters of Minnetonka and you shall be forgiven! IALTO

I thought the gophers looked good. Auburn looked like they didn't care about being there until midway through the third. Of course, only running around 30 offensive plays up to that point will present that kind of not really into it atmosphere. The announcers sucked.

I think beating Auburn wil do a lot for the program. Auburn is very good and should be a top 5-7 team next year. This was a better matchup than playing Alabama and the tide would have destroyed a lot of programs today. They took a lot of frustration out on Michigan today. The gophers taking an Alabama beating wouldn't be good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    All you Fleck non-believers purify yourself in the waters of Minnetonka and you shall be forgiven! IALTO
    hahaha that's good stuff
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I thought the gophers looked good. Auburn looked like they didn't care about being there until midway through the third. Of course, only running around 30 offensive plays up to that point will present that kind of not really into it atmosphere. The announcers sucked.

I think beating Auburn wil do a lot for the program. Auburn is very good and should be a top 5-7 team next year. This was a better matchup than playing Alabama and the tide would have destroyed a lot of programs today. They took a lot of frustration out on Michigan today. The gophers taking an Alabama beating wouldn't be good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, those announcers may have been the worst I have ever heard for a New Years bowl.

Can't remember the exact quote, but one comment was something like this:

"In high school at Minneapolis North he was a Polar. He went the north pole with that catch. Because he went so high"

Nice win for the gophs. That is all I got.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

PJ strikes me as both legit and sincere. I could be wrong, but I don't see him bolting. He’s a got a blank canvas and Coyle seems more than happy to accommodate. Look out Bucky??!! And they’ll no doubt play NDSU now, right??

I’d have to watch it again but it seemed like they used a lot of RPO/screen stuff to neutralize an aggressive front and the O-line executed that plan to perfection. I wish TR would do this. Maybe he’s just felt like he hasn't needed too, but 1/11/20 seems like it might be a good day to start. I’d be pretty shocked if they haven’t been working these up all year.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    PJ strikes me as both legit and sincere. I could be wrong, but I don't see him bolting. He’s a got a blank canvas and Coyle seems more than happy to accommodate. Look out Bucky??!! And they’ll no doubt play NDSU now, right??
    I don't see him staying. Another year or two like this one and he could go just about anywhere he wanted. While Minnesota is certainly big enough to pay him a lot more, I'm not convinced they would, and I don't think he has any connections to the area.

Maybe if he gets the 3rd tier of TCF built, Minnesota would be a more attractive job.

The Gophers should have a great shot at making the B1G title game next year with Iowa and Michigan at home and Wisco on the road as the big games. Next year’s schedule appears to be very winnable and probably easier than the 2019 schedule.

Florida Atlantic: home
    Tennessee Tech: home
    Iowa: home
    BYU: home
    Maryland: away
    Wisconsin: away
    Michigan: home
    Illinois: away
    Michigan State: away
    Purdue: home
    Northwestern: home
    Nebraska: away