75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 13.33%
  • No

65 86.67%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Partisan Politics on the Board

Default Re: Partisan Politics on the Board

Best analysis and advice I have seen on BV in a long time. Politics ain't gonna happen here because of the immediate reaction to any opinion that does not fit the speaker's opinion. Even when the opinions align, peeps get butt hurt.

Lets call this post a point of light in a rather large abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I think it would be great if there was any way at all for it to be civil at the same time. I'm not sure what happened to our world to make it so that most people cannot have a respectful debate of opposing views. It's pretty sad, really. For that reason, I would say no. There would be no way to keep out the venom and that venom would easily spread elsewhere. Look how destructive it is when it leaks in now.

This whole thing makes me think a lot about my dad, who we lost last summer. He and I used to have great discussions about life, the world, religion, America, health care, and the way things just ought to be. Even though he brought me up, we have always come at "solutions" from totally different perspectives. The great thing is that he was always so good at listening and responding to what I said. He did not have a pre-scripted argument that he was waiting to unleash on anyone that would listen...as do so many other people. He was a thinker and a doer. I know that it may seem impossible given the state of these sorts of things anymore but there have been so many times that my or his opinion on a very complex topic was altered a bit or even changed altogether based on what the other one said. I wish the rest of the world were like that. We'd certainly be better off. I really miss those talks.

Sorry to be a downer.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

I'll put it this way...politics would be more harmful here than lakes ever has...just keep them away and bring him back...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I'll put it this way...politics would be more harmful here than lakes ever has...just keep them away and bring him back...
    What about Lakes talking politics? That could be interesting...

I have no problem with it staying off the board, but I have a big problem with the bias this board shows. It seems you can bitch all you want about some politicians even if it has nothing to do with NDSU, but the next political comment gets slapped down. Keep it fair and I don't have a problem. Let someone from the evil side take a cheap shot and I'll certainly take one back at the opposition.

You know who you are.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    What about Lakes talking politics? That could be interesting...
    its not look at his twitter
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I have no problem with it staying off the board, but I have a big problem with the bias this board shows. It seems you can bitch all you want about some politicians even if it has nothing to do with NDSU, but the next political comment gets slapped down. Keep it fair and I don't have a problem. Let someone from the evil side take a cheap shot and I'll certainly take one back at the opposition.

You know who you are.
    This.

Makes me think of how Mertens passes and George W are alike...

(High and to the Right)
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

PP are already on this board!

Politics would ruin this Forum/cite. I am an Admin on an Indian Motorcycle Forum that has several thousand members from both U.S. and other countries across the world. We Admins had to nix politics because it was affecting the overall integrity if the Forum's purpose--Indian MC's. I think the same would happen here. I thread about Vigen, for example, would end up with political beliefs interjected--and we certainly would not want that to happen!! SRSLY tho, I think politics being an "open" topic here would cause many to leave or stop posting. What politics are already posted is almost too much (and I am guilty as charged at times)-->I vote NO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    SRSLY tho, I think politics being an "open" topic here would cause many to leave or stop posting.
    If it means you stop posting, I vote "Yes"!! SRSLY.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Nothing good will come from having politics of any kind on a sports forum.
    Hando, not every part of this messageboard is sports related. Look at all the joke threads. Guess they should not be about jokes in your world. As usual just a lot of PC stuff goes on here. Already, since those that monitor this messageboard lean a certain way politically, they tend to let things go when it is in their best interest. Just sayin.