Page 69 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Don't believe everything you think.

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

It can finally be revealed who is preventing the President from approving alcohol sales at football games.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Well then, by all means, tell us what the specific numbers are. We’ve all been waiting for that special someone that really knows.
    Tell me what NDSU gets of the concession revenue.

What I do know is that the $600k number is stupid high.

It’s true that there is money to be made selling beer when you get $8 for a 16 oz beer that costs you less than a buck before variable costs. However, NDSU isn’t going to sell beer. They will get a small percentage of the funds as they will not accept any risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    So, at this point, El Chapo’s guesstimates are just as accurate as your guesstimates. It’s just as accurate to say that the amount is not as low as some people want to believe it will be either.

Either way, I don’t remember anyone, regardless of position, suggesting it wouldn’t generate some type of profit.
    Guesstimate? I’m pretty sure I pointed out that I used numbers provided by tOSU in two separate posts.

In regards to as to you not remembering anyone suggesting beers sales wouldn’t generate some type of profit, go back and read Pat’s post about Gene Taylor.

Hail the BISON!!!

That's actually misleading. They had to invest a ton of money into it initially. The Fargodome has the infrastructure in place.

They made enough money that they decided to move forward with other sports. It's a good revenue source

https://www.mndaily.com/article/2019...itive-for-fans

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Guesstimate? I’m pretty sure I pointed out that I used numbers provided by tOSU in two separate posts.

In regards to as to you not remembering anyone suggesting beers sales wouldn’t generate some type of profit, go back and read Pat’s post about Gene Taylor.

So if yours is NOT a guesstimate, then it must be fact. NDSU will make $250k per year on alcohol sales at the Fargodome. Sounds good to me.

Also, please show me in Pat’s post where Taylor said it wouldn’t be profitable. He did say it wouldn’t be worth the benefits, and I can respect that, but surely even you know the difference between those two concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That's actually misleading. They had to invest a ton of money into it initially. The Fargodome has the infrastructure in place.

They made enough money that they decided to move forward with other sports. It's a good revenue source

https://www.mndaily.com/article/2019...itive-for-fans
    Not taking a side. Just providing easily retrieved data. The second link was more recent and stated that the U is averaging $1.3M revenue with alcohol sales at TCF.

I would say also that in this market (competition with pro sports and theater etc) they need to have alcohol sales to remain competitive as an entertainment option period. Fargo not so much.
    Don't believe everything you think.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What distributor would provide service to the stadium if they started selling beer? Often there are hidden issues related to who would get the contract and how much they would make off of it. I continue to be amazed at how poor the service is at most concession stands. How hard is it for somebody to act like there is money to be made. Seems like it would be good for a distributor to make a public statement about their interest to get the ball rolling and put some pressure on the administration.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

I thought about posting this under unpopular opinions, but I'll just post it here instead. I by no means know why the President has taken the stance that he has. but I'll speculate anyway. Some may not know that he came from Texas A&M where he was the Vice President for Student Affairs. Those with that background have a different way of looking at the world. Specifically, alcohol on University campuses is viewed as a huge problem. This is from a Forbes article in December of last year.

"More than a third of college students report they engaged in binge drinking in the prior month;
    About 20% of college students meet the diagnostic criteria for alcohol use disorder;
    A quarter of college students report adverse academic consequences as a result of drinking;
    Alcohol is a factor in almost 700,000 sexual assaults involving students each year;
    More than 1800 college students die annually from alcohol-related injuries."

This is what the author concludes:

"No one would suggest that selling beer throughout college stadiums on Saturday afternoons is the main culprit behind campus drinking problems. But college leaders who adopt such a policy need to recognize that they are sending an unhelpful, mixed message to students."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael.../#2bb2b8a16259
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I thought about posting this under unpopular opinions, but I'll just post it here instead. I by no means know why the President has taken the stance that he has. but I'll speculate anyway. Some may not know that he came from Texas A&M where he was the Vice President for Student Affairs. Those with that background have a different way of looking at the world. Specifically, alcohol on University campuses is viewed as a huge problem. This is from a Forbes article in December of last year.

"More than a third of college students report they engaged in binge drinking in the prior month;
    About 20% of college students meet the diagnostic criteria for alcohol use disorder;
    A quarter of college students report adverse academic consequences as a result of drinking;
    Alcohol is a factor in almost 700,000 sexual assaults involving students each year;
    More than 1800 college students die annually from alcohol-related injuries."

This is what the author concludes:

"No one would suggest that selling beer throughout college stadiums on Saturday afternoons is the main culprit behind campus drinking problems. But college leaders who adopt such a policy need to recognize that they are sending an unhelpful, mixed message to students."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael.../#2bb2b8a16259
    If that is true, it would make it hard to reconcile that thought process with allowing alcohol-approved tailgating areas to continue, and, in fact, even expand as it did this year for softball and is expanding next year (this coming year) for football.