Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Husker Board discussing NDSU after the loss to NIU

Default Re: Husker Board discussing NDSU after the loss to NIU

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMothers View Post
    The second one was Mike from Sioux Falls.
    That fuggin' guy! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    That fuggin' guy! ;-)
    Ryan Gellner had a certain way of announcing him so you kind of felt like that's what he was thinking
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I meant regularly competing for the title. Invite will never happen anyway..... In general, pretty sure we are on the same page.
    Yeah, I agree on all three items. Wouldn't regularly compete for B1G title. Won't get an invite. And that makes us on the same page.

That fuggin' guy! ;-)
    Dude is a genius. Wonder what happened to him?

I dunno... depends on what you mean by "a top team." In the top half? I suspect there are many arguments that could be made to support that idea. (Even looking at Sagarin and Massey over the last five years I believe puts us in the top half of the B1G.)

Would we be expected to be a top 1 or 2 team in the B1G? Probably not. But considering that the Bison have been ranked by computer models over the past 6 years as between a top 15-ish to top 60-ish team in all of college football, even with 22 fewer schollies and an FCS label, I wouldn't be surprised if we could consistently be a top-25 team at the FBS level. That would likely put us generally among the top 3 teams or so in the B1G.
    Correct... this is not (does not have to be NDSU's) ceiling.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I get a kick out of this thread. No, we would not be a top team in the B1G, even with 22 more scholies. Could we beat lower level B1G teams regularly, even right now? You bet your ass we could, year in year out. Biggest issue is how our depth would hold up if we had a bunch of those games which would be hard if only 63 scholies, but very possible with 85. So, folks who dream of FBS, come back to reality as there is no point outside a P5 league and we'll never get that invite, ever. And to those who don't appreciate just how high the level these guys play, I'd sure have thought the piss pounding of Colorado St and Iowa St, not to mention the beating of excellent Iowa and K St. teams would help you realize they can regularly compete with many P5 schools. (I know Colorado st is not p5, but we did pound them like a P5 school would) As always, the truth is in between.
    I think your point is supported by the fact that NDSU competes regularly with Wyoming for the same recruits, many we win, some we lose, but they are trying to win with 85 of the same guys NDSU plays. Same with the MAC. MAC schools and Wyoming get piss pounded by the top B1G schools year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I think your point is supported by the fact that NDSU competes regularly with Wyoming for the same recruits, many we win, some we lose, but they are trying to win with 85 of the same guys NDSU plays. Same with the MAC. MAC schools and Wyoming get piss pounded by the top B1G schools year in and year out.
    That ignores the mystique of Bison Pride, though!

Seriously... I think you can take the same players, put them in different environments with different coaches and expect different results. I don't believe NDSU would get piss pounded by the top B1G schools even now. I doubt we'd win, but it would be a respectable loss, in my opinion.

Deleted... Double Post.

That ignores the mystique of Bison Pride, though!

Seriously... I think you can take the same players, put them in different environments with different coaches and expect different results. I don't believe NDSU would get piss pounded by the top B1G schools even now. I doubt we'd win, but it would be a respectable loss, in my opinion.
    Firmly agree. The top team in the B1G, Ohio St, would probably beat NDSU by about 20. And, knowing NDSU, they'd play them tough as long as they could, and it would not get away from them until the 3rd or 4th Qt.

Nebraska just canned their AD....Stick a fork in Riley, he's done.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.