Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: Summit League Championship vs SDSU

Default Re: GDT: Summit League Championship vs SDSU

Have to admit though, even though we lost, that was an epic tournament. I watched every game. Ndsu win vs IUPUI was epic. Sdsu win over Denver was epic. The championship game wasn't epic but it was a good game on espn2. Great crowds across the board. The Summit League tournament is legit.

As far as next year goes, we really need AJ, Miller, Khy, Dexter, and Carlin to take their game to thr next level. Seems like some of those guys kind of stayed the same as last year. Miller flashed early but struggled late. Hopefully it was more due to the injury. Carlin struggled early but he seemed to make huge strides in the tournament. AJ I get the vibe he's peaked. Dex will have to play more minutes next year. Khy has to avoid the sophomore slump.

And for next year... can't wait for the shac. Getting season tickets.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Anyone up in arms about the technical have no idea if Paul was skating on thin ice or not throughout the game. Maybe the shove was the straw that broke the camels back Anytime you shove a player who is airborne with both arms, albeit not the biggest shove ever recorded, warrants a technical. It's childish and dangerous

Especially with what we know happened 24 hours prior... He definitely needs to learn to contain his emotions.
    And note Richmond did not rip on the refs when it happened. That was very telling to me.

Anyone up in arms about the technical have no idea if Paul was skating on thin ice or not throughout the game. Maybe the shove was the straw that broke the camels back Anytime you shove a player who is airborne with both arms, albeit not the biggest shove ever recorded, warrants a technical. It's childish and dangerous

Especially with what we know happened 24 hours prior... He definitely needs to learn to contain his emotions.
    It's an emotional and physical game and these are 19 and 20 year old kids. Kid needs to learn from this. Totally unacceptable and im sure he feels like shit. We need him back next year and he needs to continue to improve. The pre injured Miller looked pretty darn good.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

IMO a technical in that game situation needs to be egregious to be called. Basketball is a contact sport and if some people don't like it, in the words of Dan Hawkins "go play intramurals brother".

But regardless they called it, as questionable as it may be, but to me the bigger mistake was that I'm fairly sure they mis-enforced it and gave SDSU an extra possession on top of it during a crucial point in the game. I've dug around a bit this morning just to try to satisfy my curiosity on whether it was correctly enforced and everything I'm finding says that the opposing team is awarded two shots and possession at the POI (point of interruption). Since the point of interruption would've been Bittle heading to the line for a 1 and 1 I can't see how they let him shoot that bonus FT before the technical FTs and then award SDSU possession after all of it. It should've been Daum shooting the two technical FTs and then Bittle shooting his 1 and 1 with a full lane (which he ended up missing meaning NDSU would've gotten the ball back provided they secured the rebound).

Great game and great tournament Bison. Always love/hate playing you guys. You're going to have a good team for a while with how young you guys are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    Good thing your not our coach. He's legit and honestly could of played good minutes this year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I don't understand - good thing I'm not a coach because I have no idea how a kid plays because he's redshirting and not playing and I can't see him and asking for people's opinion on how he plays?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Great game and great tournament Bison. Always love/hate playing you guys. You're going to have a good team for a while with how young you guys are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm going to say it again

Daum is a fucking beast...which he was a senior
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I don't understand - good thing I'm not a coach because I have no idea how a kid plays because he's redshirting and not playing and I can't see him?
    I took how you said it as worried and personally I like next years team better then this years team. Deng Geu has good range already, can hit that 15-20 ft shot no problem. Friend of mine coached him in a summer league and in a practice he hit 40 in a row from 15-20ft. So like I said I took it as you seem concerned and that's why I meant good thing your not our coach. If I misread it my bad, but nothing to be concerned about. Look at Trayvonne he developed that deep range more consistently his Sr year, but Geu already has that shot. And he also likes to throw down.

"We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    I took how you said it as worried and personally I like next years team better then this years team. Deng Geu has good range already, can hit that 15-20 ft shot no problem. Friend of mine coached him in a summer league and in a practice he hit 40 in a row from 15-20ft. So like I said I took it as you seem concerned and that's why I meant good thing your not our coach. If I misread it my bad, but nothing to be concerned about. Look at Trayvonne he developed that deep range more consistently his Sr year, but Geu already has that shot. And he also likes to throw down.

No not concerned I honestly have absolutely no idea how the kid plays. He's 6'8" and I have heard he's an exceptional athlete and skilled but raw player. Just not sure if he's going to help inside or if he's more of a wing type player. I know his decision was he chose to redshirt which is totally fine and he could have helped this year.

I think next year our perimeter is going to be real good. Khy came on in a big way this year. Carlin showed during the conference tournament that he can be that slashing type of scorer we thought he would be. I think AJ was down this year but I think he'll figure it out and he was still a solid player this year. Miller is a great scorer. I think that Tyson Ward kid, from what I am hearing, might be too kid to not play next year but possibly he may choose to redshirt too which is fine. I just wonder who's going to eat minutes inside with Dex. If Deng is an inside player that's a big piece to that puzzle I just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    No not concerned I honestly have absolutely no idea how the kid plays. He's 6'8" and I have heard he's an exceptional athlete and skilled but raw player. Just not sure if he's going to help inside or if he's more of a wing type player. I know his decision was he chose to redshirt which is totally fine and he could have helped this year.

I think next year our perimeter is going to be real good. Khy came on in a big way this year. Carlin showed during the conference tournament that he can be that slashing type of scorer we thought he would be. I think AJ was down this year but I think he'll figure it out and he was still a solid player this year. Miller is a great scorer. I think that Tyson Ward kid, from what I am hearing, might be too kid to not play next year but possibly he may choose to redshirt too which is fine. I just wonder who's going to eat minutes inside with Dex. If Deng is an inside player that's a big piece to that puzzle I just don't know.
    Well put it this way Geu can't guard Daum imo, doesn't have the strength. He's more of a 3/4 imo. We need Dylan Miller to get quicker and that should help, he seems lost out there, sets lazy screens and takes up space right now. That can easily change with just an off season.

"We All From Africa"