Page 1036 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 36536936986102610341035103610371038104610861136 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,360 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Do you get paid by und to come over here and post this crap?

Lakes is right. You have a boner for NDSU somehow failing. Give it up bro. You're shtick is obnoxious and NDSU athletics is obviously in a great spot compared to und
    Hard to see a different perspective for you, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    You have a hidden problem: You've created a monster. No, two: the team and the fan base. The fan base has become accustomed to 14-1. Heck, y'all are wailing and gnashing teeth over 12-3 and runner up. As the thread calls it: "Bison Fatigue".

What will the inside of Fargodome look like after three seasons of 7-4 in FBS? OK, even 7-4, 8-3, 7-4? You've set expectations so high that they could end up working against you. Can you raise ticket prices with an FBS move?

Some of you harp on "Stony Brook". I'd guess his desk is covered with scenarios from "blue sky" to "bottom" and he is trying to find a path for his department. Why? His job depends on it. And in the last 24 hours we've all learned the campus environment he's working in (looming cuts).
    Won’t be great. Blue seats come November. fan base will get its rocks off the non conference.

You have a hidden problem: You've created a monster. No, two: the team and the fan base. The fan base has become accustomed to 14-1. Heck, y'all are wailing and gnashing teeth over 12-3 and runner up. As the thread calls it: "Bison Fatigue".

What will the inside of Fargodome look like after three seasons of 7-4 in FBS? OK, even 7-4, 8-3, 7-4? You've set expectations so high that they could end up working against you. Can you raise ticket prices with an FBS move?

Some of you harp on "Stony Brook". I'd guess his desk is covered with scenarios from "blue sky" to "bottom" and he is trying to find a path for his department. Why? His job depends on it. And in the last 24 hours we've all learned the campus environment he's working in (looming cuts).
    Yep, I've said it before. Whether NDSU stays FCS and continues to have seasons like this last one, or it moves to FBS and the whole game changes - NDSU fans are going to have to figure out how to still go to games without exciting, competitive, high level playoff football being played every season.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Hard to see a different perspective for you, I see.
    No, not at all
    I see different perspectives for a living

I’m just sick of the constant back-handed negative BS that you guys spew toward NDSU on here
    But it’s a ND staple, apparently
    Must really suck for you

No, not at all

I’m just sick of the constant back-handed negative BS that you guys spew toward NDSU on here
    Must really suck for you
    It is a bit weird to see UN_ fans come on here and try to have a civil discourse on the state of our university / athletic programs… It seems, um, sneaky? I don’t know, but its hard to trust its sincerity.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    It is a bit weird to see UN_ fans come on here and try to have a civil discourse on the state of our university / athletic programs… It seems, um, sneaky? I don’t know, but its hard to trust its sincerity.
    The NDSU budget and what's happening there has repercussions on the whole NDUS.

The NDSU budget and what's happening there has repercussions on the whole NDUS.
    Fair point. Mine is, too.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

No, not at all

Must really suck for you
    Oh yes. "The little engine that could" or maybe it's Miss Lippy and "the dog who lost his way." All rainbows and sunflower fields will make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Thats actually far more reasonable on the football side than I expected.

It's the overall budgets that would concern me, AAC schools average something like a $50-60m annual athletic spend. Not sure how we get there, because even the legacy schools only get $7m payout from the conference, and new members are getting $2m.

I'd imagine to make it work we would need to be AAC football only.
    After reviewing those numbers, I think you're right. Football is doable, no doubt in my mind. It's hard to see how all sports works unless someone is going to write a massive check for fund an endowment.

I do wonder if some of the dollars are a bit higher than would realistically be needed due to Fargo costs vs. others but still.....
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Do you get paid by und to come over here and post this crap?

Lakes is right. You have a boner for NDSU somehow failing. Give it up bro. You're shtick is obnoxious and NDSU athletics is obviously in a great spot compared to und
    Ok I’ll finally admit it………!

I get a boner to see UND fail and it’s been a banner year!