Page 109 of 302 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Still a long ways to go before NDSU is even on this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_by_endowment
    Looks like $1B minimum to make that list

Like I’ve said all along, a super-North-Dakota-University made by merging NDSU, UND and some of the other 4 years would have at least a shot at making that list, as well as a shot at creating one FBS team to represent the state (that’s right … there will never be 2 FBS teams from ND. You read it here first)

That’s the only way I ever see NDSU getting an FBS invite for the state of ND

And how likely is such a change? You tell me … Hint: think bucket of crabs

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

Like I’ve said all along, a super-North-Dakota-University made by merging NDSU, UND and some of the other 4 years would have at least a shot at making that list, as well as a shot at creating one FBS team to represent the state (that’s right … there will never be 2 FBS teams from ND. You read it here first)

BK is that you?????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Fbs-------------tear down this wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

So in order to go FBS we have to merge the states two main universities and close Mayville, Valley and Bottineau? That's one hell of a statement.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Show me a legitimate study documenting your 50% claim.
    I'd guess 20% max.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    So in order to go FBS we have to merge the states two main universities and close Mayville, Valley and Bottineau? That's one hell of a statement.
    No, the point of his and my post is that NDSU is far behind the funding they need to be a FBS school. The way ND is set up along with the lack of support from the State, local area and alumni makes it difficult.

The funds needed are not just for athletic purposes, but the university as a whole.

Yes, the Bison can compete with the schools of the FBS, but they aren’t FBS schools based solely on their athletic department, but also due to their size, their academic departments, alumni base, etc.

We lack in a lot of areas to be a legit FBS school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I believe it was towards the end of the show yesterday, and then again briefly at the beginning of today's show. Culhane talked for a while about the FBS crowd and then discussed that you don't move up because your football team is really good right now, but that the pieces have to be in place, etc. He discussed how Boise wasn't even that great of an FCS team, but by doing the right things they put themselves in right place to be successful in FBS.
    I wouldn't say they weren't great. They played in the 1994 national title game and won a national title in the 1980:s. Interestingly, the teams they played in their 1994 run were UNT, Marshall, App State and Youngstown. All our gone now but Youngstown who is a shell of it's former self. In fact, the only other "power" I can think of that stuck around 1AA is Eastern Kentucky who is now a shell of it's former self as well. They were a phone call away from FBS a couple years ago though when it came down to them and Coastal for the Sun Belt expansion.

ETA The Griz are the exception to the rule..

Just get UND, Mayville, and Valley City to drop football.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    The bottom portion of that...100%. College sports thrive on geography. Likely would never make sense unless SDSU came along and probably MT and MTSU.
    Agreed....A move to the MWC with the above would certainly strike my fancy. However, Culhane is right. We have to to clear the deck facility wise and implement a funding mechanism before any such move.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agreed....A move to the MWC with the above would certainly strike my fancy. However, Culhane is right. We have to to clear the deck facility wise and implement a funding mechanism before any such move.
    Ok what are the facilities that we still need minus a probable new stadium (I know its a small issue)?

1) Get the Indoor Practice Facility started and completed.

What else?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS