Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Team

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Unless he takes a huge leap forward, he may end up being detrimental to the team. He obviously should have redshirted. He wasn't just ineffective this year, he was bad.

I am still hoping against all hope that they convert Seth Wilson to a role as receiver, and have him on the field almost every offensive down. He may very well be the best all around football player on the team next year. It would be a horrible waste leaving him in a RB rotation with Brooks,Clark,Cofield,Dimitri Williams,Purifoy,and then there is Jalen Bussey, who nobody should ignore, or think he will automatically be redshirted.

Bussey dramatically improved from his junior to senior year on the football field and on the track. There may actually be room for even more dramatic improvement. If he is as electric as it appears he might be.....he could be returning punts and kicks and be a part of the rotation. If he improves his speed even slightly, he will enter a realm where few ever go. Once you go from breaking 11 seconds in the 100 to running in the mid 10's consistently, that's world class. His 200 numbers were really impressive as well. We may have just acquired a bona fide 4.3 guy. If not by next year, maybe in 2020 he will kill some Ducks with a dose of their own medicine. It would be nice to face Oregon with more team speed than they have.

Seth Wilson has great receiving skills. The Bison must get him on the field next year. It would just be absurd not to.
    In what way was Sproles a detriment to the team? Exactly how was he bad? I’m very curious.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

The QB starting position will be Zeb Noland's to lose.

Why do you guys think he chose NDSU???

He isn't coming here to ride the pine, that's why he left Iowa State.

Time for this forum to get real.

I seriously doubt starting QB will truly be an open competition.

If the coaches were really impressed with either Holden or Lance, Zeb Nolan would not have been vigorously recruited and he would have transferred to one of the other 100 or so FCS schools.

No, Zeb Nolan was recruited to be the starting QB for the NDSU Bison. Book it!

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Trey Lance will go 61-0 as a starter.

And still finish 3rd in the walter payton voting..

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    In what way was Sproles a detriment to the team? Exactly how was he bad? I’m very curious.
    Re-read post you commented on and get back to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

If the coaches were really impressed with either Holden or Lance, Zeb Nolan would not have been vigorously recruited and he would have transferred to one of the other 100 or so FCS schools.

Please bet me. Real money. Please. Since you know the situation you will bet.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Please bet me. Real money. Please. Since you know the situation you will bet.
    I was gonna say

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Didn't read through all the posts, but obviously there's no Wentz or Stick waiting in the wings. It will be a good team, but unless the field is weak it's going to be a struggle to get back to Frisco next year IMO. If we keep that in mind it can still be a fun year.

Alsen talks out his ass. He's either a troll or really dumb

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is one man's (maybe woman's) thoughts. Truth is, he was brought in to bring competition to a young quarterback room. They lost a scholarship QB in Van Dellen, he's replacing his spot. If he starts he won the job, if not, he adds an experienced back up. He's got the least experience in the system of the guys we have.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Alsen talks out his ass. He's either a troll or really dumb
    He does and is both.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.