Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: $586,651,144

Default Re: $586,651,144

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Exact opposite really. When you are reasonably concerned your offspring won’t survive to adulthood/being self-sustaining, because of your own situation, and assuming a form of intelligence in baby-making, you instinctively/thoughtfully have less, unless you’re into having your offspring die before you or have a shit life otherwise.

But that’s rational/measured thoughts, of which we really have very little theses days it seems/appears.
    … I award you no points and my god have mercy on your soul.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Scottie how many slaves do you own?
    Wtf?????? I'm a slave to the land bro. Think that's a direct quote from grapes of wrath.

That being said I did have a fellow work for me that seemed pretty young to have as many jobs as he told me he had had before working for me. When he came back to work for the second pay period I told him that I wasn't expecting him back after I paid him. It took two more paychecks for the child support stuff to catch up to him and once it did I found out why he jumped jobs so much. I could have fixed that boy with a little green rubber band bro but it was to late. He's fathered two more since then that i know about. 2 different women too. It actually amazes me a woman would open her legs up to a guy who already has 7 kids with 5 women. I mean this country up here ain't that big. They should know him by now.

Also got my first major raise at my first major job when a new employee told me how much child support got taken out of his paycheck every month. It was more then I made in a month. Old guy who I was replacing and was training me in had heard the boss tell the location manager that they couldn't afford to lose me. Old guy talked me up and sent me into the bosses office to tell him I was quitting. Worked out great for me eh. That boss was Cody Mauch's uncle! He never did offer me a raise when I told him I was going home to farm. Just shook my hand and said well if it don't work you can have your job back but I'm guessing you'll be fine Scottie.

Lardsin must go!

The looming 2026 enrollment cliff has been known for quite a while.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=2026...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Why 2026?
    College freshmen are age 18.
    2026-18 is ... 2008 <-- Great Recession

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Its pretty straight forward. When you are reasonably assured that your children are going to survive to adulthood you have fewer of them and invest more in each one. When societies transition through this phase of development you get a population explosion.
    Or when women are able to exercise control over their reproductive system, birth rates tend to decline.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Or when women are able to exercise control over their reproductive system, birth rates tend to decline.
    Well we’ve fixed that little problem now haven’t we.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Stupid people reproduce the most.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Stupid people reproduce the most.
    Idiocracy... The entire premise.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The looming 2026 enrollment cliff has been known for quite a while.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=2026...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Why 2026?
    College freshmen are age 18.
    2026-18 is ... 2008 <-- Great Recession
    I was going to say this as it directly affected my own family size. I'm almost positive I'd ended up with 3 instead of 2 if not for getting laid off in 2009. I ended up with 4 years and 6 months between my kids, which was not what we intended at the beginning of 2008 when baby making began. Not that $ ever makes sense to have kids the cards were stacked heavily against having a kid in 2011 for family.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Population decline has a really good chance of being a huge problem in the future. People have a hard time believing that since all we've heard for years is "how are we going to feed X billion people". I'm not worried about it but I'll bet my future grandchildren will be.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Population decline has a really good chance of being a huge problem in the future. People have a hard time believing that since all we've heard for years is "how are we going to feed X billion people". I'm not worried about it but I'll bet my future grandchildren will be.
    I bet we’ll figure it out.