Page 66 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    He had 280 yards rushing in 7 games. He's about as quick as Jensen.

You're all blind to how ridiculously good Cam is.
    Haha, you're probably right and I hope you are. We just had 3 QBs get drafted and are excited for Cole Payton so we are spoiled rotten. The next big thing is likely already under center. Here's hopin'!
    Rixen

Even if Cam runs as well as Brock and Stick he's not built like them.

I hope CP gets the same reps that QP did to take the load off Miller. Even if it's horribly predictable (but maybe less so because CP can presumably complete a medium range pass).
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Even if Cam runs as well as Brock and Stick he's not built like them.

I hope CP gets the same reps that QP did to take the load off Miller. Even if it's horribly predictable (but maybe less so because CP can presumably complete a medium range pass).
    While I think you are mostly right it isn't like their builds are tooooo far off (6'1 212 vs 6'2 221). That extra size certainly doesn't hurt but I think Easton's shiftiness, as shown at the combine, was his trump card. Easton was fast and had decent bulk but it seemed like he never got trucked.

All that is to say, I pretty much agree with you. I want to see Cole in there plenty. One, it takes the physical toll off of Cam but it also keeps Cole integrated in the offense and just progresses his feel for the game. When his time comes he will have that leg (calf) up.
    Rixen

I predict he will be in the game after the first series in the second half and might get some work with the first teamers before that when we are up 35-0 after one quarter vs. Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    While I think you are mostly right it isn't like their builds are tooooo far off (6'1 212 vs 6'2 221). That extra size certainly doesn't hurt but I think Easton's shiftiness, as shown at the combine, was his trump card. Easton was fast and had decent bulk but it seemed like he never got trucked.

All that is to say, I pretty much agree with you. I want to see Cole in there plenty. One, it takes the physical toll off of Cam but it also keeps Cole integrated in the offense and just progresses his feel for the game. When his time comes he will have that leg (calf) up.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Stick took a bearing in the Iowa game

Need to get Cole in the game when he can run the entire offense. None of this hand off every down shit! We need to get to 24-0 in the Drake game by end of 1st quarter and then put Cole in so he can take us to 45-0 by halftime. Have Cole run the option for awhile........that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Need to get Cole in the game when he can run the entire offense. None of this hand off every down shit! We need to get to 24-0 in the Drake game by end of 1st quarter and then put Cole in so he can take us to 45-0 by halftime. Have Cole run the option for awhile........that would be awesome!
    This, plus people comparing Cam’s rushing to Jenson and Stick are not factoring in that neither of them had to deal with bringing in QP for running reps, cuz we didn’t have that option with them.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    For what it's worth, I was blind to Brock until the KState game. That was after MANY good games from him.
    Other than some of the playoff games, I'm kind of oblivious to what Brock was like pre 2013 too. How would people compare the way Brock ran the ball in 2010 to the way Cam ran the ball last year? That would be comparing the 2 of them at the same point of their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I hope your assuming 3 TD's plus 3 2-point conversions, because if Drake holds us to a FG at any point Chapo is firing up the Fire Roehl thread.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Man, who else agrees that Bisonville just gets better when football season rolls around?!!!

On the discussion of running QBs, got me thinking of the QBs we've been chatting about and some of their big runs they had in the last ~12 years or so. Here are some of my favorites!

Jensen - Flu game against GSU and the big run for a TD. This run showed he had some deceptively good speed. 4th and Goal to send us to Frisco. KSU for the win!
    Moehler - For Chapo, big run against MSU in 2010 playoffs.....did it go for 6? I can't remember.
    Wentz - He literally jumped over a LB at ISU. When he trucked that DB from Youngstown at the goal line. JSU title game shifty little run to his left for 6.
    Stick - Iowa, first play on the game winning drive....QB running like a RB. EWU title game clincher. That game in the dome against SDSU where we just curb stomped them and he was running all over the place.
    Lance - USD in yellow helmet, yellow pant and white jersey combo which looks sick btw, picks the ball up off the ground and runs it in from like 30ish yards out. JMU 55 yarder in the title game.
    QP - Rumble down the sidelines against MSU in the title game for 40+
    Miller - See QP above lol
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

First year gross rushing stat comparison between Cam and Brock. Who is who?

ATT. YDS. TD

68. 319. 4
    69. 325. 4

It seems those saying Brock was a much better runner remember JR/SR Brock v FR/SO Brock.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck