Page 115 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1685

Thread: Bohl News

Default Re: Bohl News

It would be awesome to see what his could do
    TRUST THE PROCESS

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am surprised that they are even mentioning Kleiman. Not sure he has done enough to show he can build a program like Bohl did. CK is getting mentioned due to mere association to playing college football with AD Coyle. Bohl would be a great hire among a few others on the list. I do like the arrogance that the MN fans display about them being superior, reality is they are on par with NDSU but won't admit it. I think everyone can see they have a big upside if they had admin support. Thus I don't think Bohl takes it as he will want full control.

A quick view of wyonation.com and see that Steve Stanard was let go by Bohl as the DC. He seemed like a good position coach at his time at NDSU.

I think CK still has work to do for his resume now that Bohls guys begin departing. Hes done well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    Wow, Gopherhole is a mess right now... Got to love the fans raging on Bohl and Kleiman that they aren't good enough to run a program...
    You are talking about people that were mesmerized by Brewster. Not a lot of great football minds at the Gopherhole.

Bohl is a very unflashy hire but winning is all he does. He could come in and hit the ground running.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I lold when I got to Les Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I lold when I got to Les Miles.
    I don't know if that is all that crazy. He is from a Big Ten school. His style of play fits the Big Ten. He got a huge buy out from LSU, so maybe he can be had for a little cheaper. He could also pull a Lou Holtz and add a Notre Dame clause in the contract. He also runs a clean program.

With declining attendance in TCF, the school would be helped with a bigger name and some more home. With a roster that has had some limited success, it isn't like the cupboard is bare. 3 of their 4 conference losses were by 1 score or less. Turn those around and they win the West and playing for a conference championship.

The goofers would have to put up some cash though. Miles has his own staff ready to go. This would be great for NDSU. The P5 caliber talent in Minnesota high schools were still going to P5 schools, just not Minnesota, so a Miles hire wouldn't change that landscape for NDSU but could for the gophers. Miles isn't going to recruit the borderline homegrown talent that Claeys or Bohl would recruit leaving them open for schools like NDSU to recruit and develop.

A Miles hire would be the kind of splash that distracts all the attention away from what has been going on with the program for the last couple of months. If the administration concedes control of the program and acknowledges they hired a coach they can trust will run the program in a manner they are happy with, the money part will be worth it in the long run. Miles says he wants to coach and compete, but there are not a lot of schools out there in the P5 world willing to do it his way. Smashmouth run first football doesn't work for a lot of schools, it could work for Minnesota. Like mentioned by a lot of people, money talks and this might be the best opportunity for the gophers to put something together that provides a boost to their program in a way nothing else does.

I can't help but wonder if Bohl is actually regretting signing the extension?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I don't know if that is all that crazy. He is from a Big Ten school. His style of play fits the Big Ten. He got a huge buy out from LSU, so maybe he can be had for a little cheaper. He could also pull a Lou Holtz and add a Notre Dame clause in the contract. He also runs a clean program.

With declining attendance in TCF, the school would be helped with a bigger name and some more home. With a roster that has had some limited success, it isn't like the cupboard is bare. 3 of their 4 conference losses were by 1 score or less. Turn those around and they win the West and playing for a conference championship.

The goofers would have to put up some cash though. Miles has his own staff ready to go. This would be great for NDSU. The P5 caliber talent in Minnesota high schools were still going to P5 schools, just not Minnesota, so a Miles hire wouldn't change that landscape for NDSU but could for the gophers. Miles isn't going to recruit the borderline homegrown talent that Claeys or Bohl would recruit leaving them open for schools like NDSU to recruit and develop.

A Miles hire would be the kind of splash that distracts all the attention away from what has been going on with the program for the last couple of months. If the administration concedes control of the program and acknowledges they hired a coach they can trust will run the program in a manner they are happy with, the money part will be worth it in the long run. Miles says he wants to coach and compete, but there are not a lot of schools out there in the P5 world willing to do it his way. Smashmouth run first football doesn't work for a lot of schools, it could work for Minnesota. Like mentioned by a lot of people, money talks and this might be the best opportunity for the gophers to put something together that provides a boost to their program in a way nothing else does.
    Actually that makes quite a bit of sense when you lay it out that way. Still think MN would be quite a step down for Miles but I guess I don't know what other options he currently has available to him. Is USC the only other P5 position currently in consideration?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Actually that makes quite a bit of sense when you lay it out that way. Still think MN would be quite a step down for Miles but I guess I don't know what other options he currently has available to him. Is USC the only other P5 position currently in consideration?
    Would USC want a coach who could care less if an offense even had a QB? That is why the gophers and miles might actually be a really good fit for each other. Miles will win games, it will just be his way which will attract lineman, RBs, and defenders; not stat seeking QBs and receivers.

There really is only a handful of programs that will accept winning the way miles does anyways. He doesn't throw the ball much.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk