Page 30 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Game" is back on.

Default Re: "The Game" is back on.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    also a pregame tribute to the 2003 nickel trophy game, their own introduction onto the field, a free nights at the HoDo for the guy with the flag wearing a cowboy hat and a password code for first dibs on single game tickets before they go on sale to the public!

I do not think there is any way that they play for the nickel, as stated before there is just too much baggage associated with what is engraved on 1/2 of that trophy. Also I don't think UN_ will ever relinquish the nickel as that is the one shred of dignity they can cling to and rationalize by saying it was a part of the annual game when we were in the same conference.

Quote Originally Posted by CivilBison96 View Post
    I do not think there is any way that they play for the nickel, as stated before there is just too much baggage associated with what is engraved on 1/2 of that trophy. Also I don't think UN_ will ever relinquish the nickel as that is the one shred of dignity they can cling to and rationalize by saying it was a part of the annual game when we were in the same conference.
    Fine. New Trophy without the racist mascot is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Here's a Business idea for you. WE ALREADY SELL OUT EVERY GAME. This is a signal that all momentum is gone, the peak is here and ndsu admin doesn't want to move forward. It's back to D2 and the old timers that begged for this game can have it.
    Business wise this is a colossal waste especially giving a competitor a share at the table
    How is this back to D2? They are D1. Its also a much better choice than PV-A&M and the other tomato cans we have played. I would lay off the D2 bashing as many Nattys were won during that era.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    If they decided to call themselves the Jeffersons we could play for this from the Lewis & Clark "Westward Journey" series:

If they called themselves the displaced Asians they could keep using the nickel trophy

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    I vote this.

Their entrance music is ready to go.

I like it:

Movin' on up (movin on up)
    To the east side (movin on up)
    We finally got a piece of the pie.

Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
    Beans don't burn on the grill.
    Took a whole lotta tryin'
    Just to get up that hill.
    Now we're up in the big leagues
    Gettin' our turn at bat.

source:
    http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthem...onslyrics.html
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    How is this back to D2? They are D1. Its also a much better choice than PV-A&M and the other tomato cans we have played. I would lay off the D2 bashing as many Nattys were won during that era.
    ^^^^^

Ding ding ding. We sell out home games NOW, TODAY. Unless you are under the grand delusion that college teams never relinquish their spot at the throne you can expect that Bison football may one day not be able to sell out a game against PV A & M or whatever other cupcake team we have zero connection history or care about.

People who pretend to not care about UND are hilarious to me, because they most often make that claim in the same breath as making derogatory comments about UND. Pro-tip, if you "don't care" about something, it is absent from your radar. No hate, no derision, nothing. I don't "not care" about my stupid neighbor, I "don't care" about the ants who live in the park down the street. See the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by CivilBison96 View Post
    You might be right.......but then isn't it strange NDSU would even bring up the nickle in the press release?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    ^^Your last sentence. Was D2 in that era much different than current FCS?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    D E P R E S S I O N if this happens. It was a fun 11 years everyone nice and peaceful and successful. Ba bye now.
    They have medication for your problem. Seek professional help.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."