Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Off topic: Ideal size of a new NDSU football stadium?

Default Re: Off topic: Ideal size of a new NDSU football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yes, secondary market follows supply and demand economics. There is are plenty of tickets on secondary market, enough im worried about getting my cost back. Btw. I'm not flipping, just my season tickets.
    Sure it follows supply and demand economics but you may not like the market price today. NDSU couldn't care any less, they sold every seat at the price they were happy with. Just because you don't recoup your cost doesn't mean there isn't a demand. It means the market isn't willing to pay your asking price.

The problem with using a secondary market to gauge demand is the original investment or cost is covered. The only motivation in the secondary market is to profit again. Now the minimum is at least the original cost and another set of fees to cover costs. It is not an informed market and they really don't care that much. They are already trained to wait until sellers get desperate.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Your tickets are overpriced that’s why they don’t sell.
    Exactly! So, there is no 30k who want to go. Big Lake gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Your tickets are overpriced that’s why they don’t sell.
    and they are FF nosebleeds
    it's Monday, I saw lots of ISO Oct 9 games last week, it's already sold out, it'll build. b
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Exactly! So, there is no 30k who want to go. Big Lake gets it.
    The problem is no one is willing to pay premium prices for a less than premium product. And that’s not a comment on the current Bison offense or lack thereof. It has to do with the general fans perception of the rest of the FCS competition. Even UNI doesn’t carry enough cache for you to get face value on the secondary market. The demand would go up if the face value was in the $25-$35 range. That price point is non existent and will continue to be unless demand drops far below the supply, either because the Fargodome is consistently half full or because we increase the supply by building a new stadium. Neither choice is risk free. However, doing nothing seems to be antithetical to what this program has consistently shown itself to be. I would hate to see the program settle for slightly above average when that’s not what has made us great.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It would be do-able but I don't think it's in the best interest of the program. We don't need a new stadium to move up and building a basic outdoor stadium is half assing it and a knee jerk reaction. Once it's built, that's what we got for the rest of our lives. The Fargodome said they could replace the entire dome for 148 million and that's what it's insured for (obvioulsy not including land) https://www.grandforksherald.com/bus...y-30-years-ago

Why not just build a 30-35K seat indoor stadium for 300 million that would serve multi events and do something spectacular. So we would have 2 giant indoor stadiums? Sounds good to me. Talk about a way to take our metro to the next level.

It would take a decade but if we can find donated land and do a mixed private public partnership including state, city, county, NDSU, NDSU Development, Teammakers, we could pull it off. The idea of the Fargodome seemed like a pipe dream when I was a kid but we did it.

The Fargodome is a recruiting tool and gives us an insane home field advantage that most G5 teams envy
    Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I can get on board with this. Truly a unique situation. The indoor football stadium examples I can find are in the 10Ks or 50/60K plus. I couldnt find any in a 30K range.
    Saitama Super Arena
    Japan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saitama_Super_Arena

36k seats stadium setting and 27k for football. This is a cool ass building. It has the sliding seats like the Fargodome but they are curved so it actually looks intimate and fits like a puzzle. They've had UFC, NBA, NHL games and everything in-between

Cost was 195 million USD but that was in Sept 2000. Its way fancier than we would need but the basic idea is really interesting.

https://en.wikiarquitectura.com/buil...a-super-arena/

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I can get on board with this. Truly a unique situation. The indoor football stadium examples I can find are in the 10Ks or 50/60K plus. I couldnt find any in a 30K range.
    Check out Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, best example of a 36k covered, albeit retractable, stadium with the fargodome’s four column bowl destroyer of a design. If you contrast the layout of the two the fargodome looks like it has two issues to get to that size. First the soccer pitch is 20 yards wider than football so Parken picks up seats in end zones. The second possibility solvable issue looks like the height and depth of the sideline bleachers. Parken is TCF bank like with two decks and more seats per section. I always thought it was fire code or me being drunk at both venues but lower bowl sideline sections at TCF were like 24 seats wide and the dome is 18. Different sections volumes too I think.

Assuming the footprint of the two buildings are not horribly different on the sidelines you should be able to add capacity at the fargodome by replacing the west side of the dome with a two tiered bleacher and modern concourse by digging down and pulling the field slightly west.

You just need to get deep enough on the west side and the end zones as needed to not mess up the eastside sight lines. Also don’t change the building footprint on the north and south. Just make lowest end zone seating on both sides wonderwall standing student seating until you make up enough grade to get back to standard seating.

The eastside is hopeless because of the addition but if the field was moved downward and westward backfill the new space with premium field level suits, US Bank style.

Just seems like if we need to do a full replacement it won’t happen, so get creative on getting more out of the existing structure, like basketball did.

just hurry up and build it so we can cement this mountain west invite...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by EP NDSU Fan View Post
    Check out Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, best example of a 36k covered, albeit retractable, stadium with the fargodome’s four column bowl destroyer of a design. If you contrast the layout of the two the fargodome looks like it has two issues to get to that size. First the soccer pitch is 20 yards wider than football so Parken picks up seats in end zones. The second possibility solvable issue looks like the height and depth of the sideline bleachers. Parken is TCF bank like with two decks and more seats per section. I always thought it was fire code or me being drunk at both venues but lower bowl sideline sections at TCF were like 24 seats wide and the dome is 18. Different sections volumes too I think.

Assuming the footprint of the two buildings are not horribly different on the sidelines you should be able to add capacity at the fargodome by replacing the west side of the dome with a two tiered bleacher and modern concourse by digging down and pulling the field slightly west.

You just need to get deep enough on the west side and the end zones as needed to not mess up the eastside sight lines. Also don’t change the building footprint on the north and south. Just make lowest end zone seating on both sides wonderwall standing student seating until you make up enough grade to get back to standard seating.

The eastside is hopeless because of the addition but if the field was moved downward and westward backfill the new space with premium field level suits, US Bank style.

Just seems like if we need to do a full replacement it won’t happen, so get creative on getting more out of the existing structure, like basketball did.
    We wouldn't do a replacement. We don't own the dome and we couldn't if we wanted to. We would keep the Fargodome and build a new 35k seat indoor stadium. The dome is profitable and generates a surplus even without football and is in great condition. Surplus as of today is 50 million. It hosts a ton of events. They should be starting the concourse expansion in the next few years and I expect to see a convention center added to it as well

We raised 40 million for an indoor practice facility during covid. Gotta set our goals higher like 300 million for an indoor stadium. Lots of creative ways to do a private public partnership

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

30,000 seating capacity indoor stadium with automatic retraceable roof. Tacoma Dome design or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Saitama Super Arena
    Japan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saitama_Super_Arena

36k seats stadium setting and 27k for football. This is a cool ass building. It has the sliding seats like the Fargodome but they are curved so it actually looks intimate and fits like a puzzle. They've had UFC, NBA, NHL games and everything in-between

Cost was 195 million USD but that was in Sept 2000. Its way fancier than we would need but the basic idea is really interesting.

https://en.wikiarquitectura.com/buil...a-super-arena/
    Guess how much construction prices have inflated in 20 years. Probably on par with healthcare. Comparing prices with anything built over 5 years ago needs to have an asterisk by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*