Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: @ Arizona 12/18

Default Re: @ Arizona 12/18

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I just shake my head sometimes reading comments here. This is probably the toughest non conference schedule in school history. Other then Paul and AJ, we are team that plays a lot of young players. Hell, we play 2 true freshman. I think we have the ability to be a good team. The games against UND and Missouri State have shown me that. Maybe its just me but I get sick and tired of so called “fans” here throw the team under the bus.
    I know there's a few posters on this web site, you're one, that thinks ndsu can do no wrong and are apologists for anything to make whatever team look better than they actually are.

But Richmans teams are the same every. Year. Ugly up the game just enough to be in it...dribble weave...shoot 3s...players who are just as good when they are fresh/ soph vs Jr and seniors. Saul and Tim had this program to great heights and wins along with player development. Richmans phone likely stays on silent for interviews from bigger schools because why would those schools waste their time?

I didn't watch a second of last night's game because I didn't need to. Score didn't shock me one bit. Yea AZ has one of the best players in the country but geez. Man up.

Richmans greatest achievement other than winning the summit would be to have AJ score 20 points vs a big time team.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    When I say the teams garbage it's on the coaches. They built this. I only throw teams under the bus when they deserve it. Real fans don't accept garbage results. We beat a shitty UND team and lucked out when Missouri State shot 1-17 from 3 point range. Pretty much every tough game we get blown out, over half of our attempts are threes, we don't pass, and don't shoot free throws. Nothing changes except once in a blue moon we shoot lights out. The fact we are playing so much youth speaks volume to the fact recruiting and player development sucks. A solid program shouldn't start 2 freshman and seen your starting point guard transfer.
    So now UND is "shitty" you just praised them for taken Zags to OT. Yes this team can be better and inthis type of game there is minimal dribble penetration to create contact and go to the line. There is work to do.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    You guys realize this isn’t Arizona Technical College right? This is a ranked PAC 12 team that we a lot of thr teams in their conference dont match up well with, let alone a mid major team. Yes I wish we would be playing better but pump the breaks a little.
    Yeah, make all the excuses you want. This team plays scared. Certain upper class men have never had a decent game against a big time opponent. Hunter needs to start and play A LOT. Move Paul to the 2

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Since you have it all figured out call coach rich man and schedule a meeting
    Lmao, how about the coaches earn their stripes? We heard for years about the need for new facilities, we get them and regress.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Yeah, make all the excuses you want. This team plays scared. Certain upper class men have never had a decent game against a big time opponent. Hunter needs to start and play A LOT. Move Paul to the 2

Totally agree with this. Paul should have always been at the 2.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Whoever said this is the toughest non-conference schedule in the history of the program is right, and it isn't even close. NDSU, record-wise, should probably be right around where it could have hoped for.

On the flip side, I don't know if this is the makeup of teams under Richman, but I suspect it's a little more of his style of play, NDSU cannot compete with these teams in the manner they probably should be. On the flip side because of his style I think he wins more against the teams that are similar talent that he should.

You can't f'n keep trying to run isolation and free flowing mini-plays against athletes that are far superior to you. It doesn't work. That chit works against teams in the Summit. It doesn't work against kids that can flat out outmatch you every position on the floor. This is why when conference starts, we may take a game or so off teams like the South Dakota schools, but we'll never compete on a national level like the South Dakota schools do. It's f'm embarrassing and Richman needs to significantly improve in this area. Ridiculous to have games like these over and over every season.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Since you have it all figured out call coach rich man and schedule a meeting
    Could at least talk about thebigs other than Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Nobody is stepping on the gas to pump the breaks. All I am saying is they are 8’2” and can throw oops all night long. Did not expect even a close game.
    Ayton could be a top 3 pick

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He's started 11 games so somebody
    So who? That’s the question
    TRUST THE PROCESS

NDSU is 4-6 this year (Stetson & Florida A & M are like bottom 20 of 338 RPI teams, UND aint far behind)

0-2 to finish last year.

next 4 games. UNC-W UTEP, SDSU, USD that's 4 losses. 0-4

4-12 record and realistically 1-12 1 legit win (Missouri State)

Thats unacceptable!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?