Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jr college & FBS transfers

Default Re: Jr college & FBS transfers

I guess SIU doesn't have a problem with transfers. 6 is a bunch though.

http://siusalukis.cstv.com/sports/m-...012511aac.html

Can u imagine if we got a Florida transfer or something like that?? Argh

Quote Originally Posted by Tourguide View Post
    so you are complaining that freshman don't play more? Forget your whole great coach vs bad coach......your main point is why didn't we see more of the freshman. Yeah good luck with that argument!
    What does "complaining about freshmen playing more" have to do with "supposedly talented recruits who are nowhere to be seen in an underachieving unit"?

Our passing game is a joke....if it isn't the unit, or the coaching staff, maybe our QB's really are that bad. Inquiring minds would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    What does "complaining about freshmen playing more" have to do with "supposedly talented recruits who are nowhere to be seen in an underachieving unit"?

Our passing game is a joke....if it isn't the unit, or the coaching staff, maybe our QB's really are that bad. Inquiring minds would like to know.
    I think it is a combination of things. If you look at the film from our games you will see WRs wide open that QBs never even saw, WRs dropping balls or running poor routes and of course far too predictable play calling. I don't think the passing game as a whole is that far off from becoming productive.
    It can be turned around. Our defense turned around in the off season, punting really improved, DJ became a star etc.

Can anybody tell me how many FBS recruits the top 4 teams in the country had? Villanova, Delaware, EWU, and Ga Southern. The Bison are 41-14 since the transition to DI, they had consecutive 10-1 seasons and just made a run deep into the playoffs with what most would consider a very young team. I'm happy with the guys we're recruiting. Now, tell me that the top 4 teams have a considerable amount of FBS transfers and I could rethink my position.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Didn't the Tyler Westpahl ordeal show us that transfers aren't necessarily going to be massive impact players? Last I checked we went 9-5 without any high-profile transfer guys (due respect to Chad Willson and Justin Howard) and only look to get better.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Besides everything, not much. But according to you, the whole coaching staff and every coaching staff in the world is poor if their freshman dont contribute.

Ewu and novas qbs were FBS guys

." The Bison are 41-14 since the transition to DI, they had"

38-6?? (3-8 year withstanding) superfan, math bro. Haha j.kidd

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    I bet the 130 mile drive from Normal to Chicago takes almost as long as the 220 mile drive from Fargo to Minneapolis.
    Unless you leave downtown no later than 2:00.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    You know, you make a good point about Minnesota.

Last year Josh Campion and Nick Rengel tried to hook up with NDSU and for whatever reason, Bohl didn't take them. Academics and a back injury may have shied him away from Campion, but after playing at an academy Campion is listed on this years recruiting class for Kill, so he obviously has talent.

I don't know why the coaches didn't go for Nick. He came to MN to play TE/DE but was moved to FB and ended up #2 on the depth chart after spring practice. NDSU was a bit thin at a couple of those positions this year (Bruhn moved from FB to TE), so I initially thought he would be attractive.

Could it be Bohl is simply not interested in FBS transfers?
    Campion was never coming to NDSU.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.