Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 12/17: At Montana 8:05 PM

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 12/17: At Montana 8:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    I agree with this and those that make these type of comments about the coach and team during the early nonconference portion of the schedule are just ----.
    Just curious... You obviously don't think that the coach is the problem and that's understandable but is he the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Lol first off Samuelson is a spot shooter at best and Dave has him starting? Are fricking serious?? And it's not because of injuries because he was the starter at the beginning of the season!

If your second statement is true than there is no hope for this team. Do you realize how stupid your statement is?

We are damn near thru the non-conference schedule and if he does not have an established starting lineup by now he never will. It's beyond pathetic the way he has handled this team the last 2-3 years.
    Jared Samuelson and Mike Felt are identical players and in 2013/14 Felt averaged 14.7 minutes per game (7th on the team) and so far this year Samuelson is averaging 25.6 minutes per game (3rd on the team). I think that tells you all you need to know about how far this program has fallen in 5 years.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    I agree with this and those that make these type of comments about the coach and team during the early nonconference portion of the schedule are just ----.
    His record has basically gotten worse every year. They are also is 4-8 right now. We are supposed to be cool with this because it is non-conference?
    The fella that watches the CFL

[QUOTE=devin45k;1324231]His record has basically gotten worse every year. They are also is 4-8 right now. We are supposed to be cool with this because it is non-conference?[/QUOTE]

During postgame last night, Dave said, these games don't count. Conference play is what matters. Well he is somewhat correct as to we are only getting into the dance if we win the conference tourney. But you also have to be heading in the right direction and improving. I had high hopes after what I saw in the UC-SB game early in the year. Since then, nothing has impressed me.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Jared Samuelson and Mike Felt are identical players and in 2013/14 Felt averaged 14.7 minutes per game (7th on the team) and so far this year Samuelson is averaging 25.6 minutes per game (3rd on the team). I think that tells you all you need to know about how far this program has fallen in 5 years.
    Felt was the 6th man of the year. I think he was better then Samuelson yet Dave has him starting! WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Quayle played 24 minutes, was 0-4 and had 4 turnovers...I'm sure he helped out with culture or some BS though.
    I dont understand. Nothing is going to change regarding lineups. It's mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    We can all have our opinions but I don't think it's a stupid statement, Samuelson and Quayle are very similar in playing style. They work hard, fundamentally sound most of the time but they don't have the athleticism to create their own shots against other guards at this level, playing them at the same time is an offensive liability (and defensive if the other guys are quick with the ball). When we have guys like Ward, Horn, Cook or even Deng riding the bench at the beginning of games while both of those guys start it's not a smart move. I'm okay with them both having minutes but they should rotate for each other, not play at the same time.
    Its not like these 2 are new. We know they shouldnt be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post

During postgame last night, Dave said, these games don't count. Conference play is what matters. Well he is somewhat correct as to we are only getting into the dance if we win the conference tourney. But you also have to be heading in the right direction and improving. I had high hopes after what I saw in the UC-SB game early in the year. Since then, nothing has impressed me.
    Brilliant.

Of course they don't count as far as making the tourney but if you want a decent seed they do. Dave is apparently happy just getting there. Fat chance of that happening if he can't beat Montana for crying out loud.

I also don't get why he pull's Knotek's redshirt and plays him 6 minutes last night and 3 minutes the game prior...Now we have guys almost back from injury, kind of seems like a waste.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I also don't get why he pull's Knotek's redshirt and plays him 6 minutes last night and 3 minutes the game prior...Now we have guys almost back from injury, kind of seems like a waste.
    THIS^^^ Unless it was the players decision it makes absolutely no sense. Especially since against MOST he only played him 3 minutes and didn't play Cook at all. Cook coulda handled those 3 minutes