Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer help

Default Re: Computer help

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Cutting the cord is not convenient...absolutely no doubt about it. If a person is a channel flipper is probably is not for them. If a person prefers to watch a series stop to finish and/or knows exactly what they want to watch before turning on the tv, it may work and even be better. Personally I found my cable package provided 85%+ stuff I didn't want. Now that I've been without cable for roughly 8 months or so, I am so used to navigating the apps that I don't even notice the change in formats. My kids previously just used the on demand portion when we used cable, so the transition to apps was seamless.
    No No No...TSCF says its the only way to go so he must be right.

I watch a LOT of different channels. And the sports is a big deal for me too. When there is ONE service where I can choose ala cart which channels I want to watch and its not a pain for the kid and wife to use either, I will consider switching. We do have prime so i am experimenting with that right now. I negotiate with DTV so I dont pay that much. So you have to ask yourself how much convenience is worth to you. Not everyone is a "coupon clipper" like the travel hacker. But...he's right as usual.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    No No No...TSCF says its the only way to go so he must be right.

I watch a LOT of different channels. And the sports is a big deal for me too. When there is ONE service where I can choose ala cart which channels I want to watch and its not a pain for the kid and wife to use either, I will consider switching. We do have prime so i am experimenting with that right now. I negotiate with DTV so I dont pay that much. So you have to ask yourself how much convenience is worth to you. Not everyone is a "coupon clipper" like the travel hacker. But...he's right as usual.
    This probably isn't for you...nothing wrong with that. It was a pain for my wife...she was not a fan at first. Now, I don't think she has a complaint. Her only issue was connectivity/speed and once we got that issue resolved (thanks to TSCF) she is fine with it.

I wouldn't consider myself much of a coupon clipper, but the savings were substantial...even if a person negotiated a good deal. But the main thing comes down to if you are satisfied with what you are paying for the service you are receiving. If you are happy, all is good.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

But the main thing comes down to if you are satisfied with what you are paying for the service you are receiving. If you are happy, all is good.
    Exactly. I am not opposed to it someday...Im hoping sooner than later. I was looking at the directvnow services recently.

I just dont think its there yet for me as far as convenience and channel selection...(despite The travel clipper thinks about his channel lineup vs mine)

Exactly. I am not opposed to it someday...Im hoping sooner than later. I was looking at the directvnow services recently.

I just dont think its there yet for me as far as convenience and channel selection...(despite The travel clipper thinks about his channel lineup vs mine)
    I would guarantee he has more channels than you do.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

But the main thing comes down to if you are satisfied with what you are paying for the service you are receiving. If you are happy, all is good.

I would guarantee he has more channels than you do.
    Its not about more. Its about having the ones I want and all the sports channels I want.

(Its not about size...its quality)......

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I cut the cord and just told myself I'd run down to the corner bar whenever I wanted to watch something on ESPN. I've saved a ton of money with that plan.

I was a channel flipper until I realized I was flipping channels because I was bored with what was on all of them. That and just wasting time, sitting around with nothing to do. Cut the cord a little over 3 years ago, quickly realized I watched way less TV when I had to actually choose something to watch instead of being able to mindlessly flip from channel to channel for hours ultimately not watching anything. I still watch plenty of TV in the evenings but now I enjoy watching entire seasons of shows 2-3 episodes at a time almost like watching long movies. You can go back and find great series from 5,6 even 10 years ago that if you haven't seen are new to you. My one complaint about cutting the cord is NFL games. It's the one thing I have to "do something different" to watch. (Like hookup my cheap ass antenna for a few hours on Sunday)

Its not about more. Its about having the ones I want and all the sports channels I want.

(Its not about size...its quality)......
    Thats the thing, Teach, you have nothing I don't. That is the rub.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Thats the thing, Teach, you have nothing I don't. That is the rub.
    You have all the sports channels?