Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU post game thoughts.

Default Re: SDSU post game thoughts.

I wonder what would happen to our fan base if this team would lose by 20?

Good Lord people. The sun came up today and I have confidence this team will be just fine.

In case any of you forget, this team has a championship pedigree. The playoffs still go through Fargo.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Bison totally out-coached and their lack of ability to break their conservative ways bit them in the ass today on both sides of the ball. Congrats to Coach Stig and his players. They earned the win and took advantage of the Bison coaches stubbornness and stupidity. Jacks should have one won by more in all reality. Bison played not to lose and not to win. Running dives on 2nd and 3rd and long is just f'n stupid when they are loaded up for it.....DUMB!
    Mega Ditos on your comments.
    No tight end throws all day???
    Way to predictable play calling.
    Defense did stop them 4 times on 4th down plus the interception, so remember it could have been a 3 score difference if those stops didn't happen.
    No Linebacker blitzs all day????? That QB is the best the QB in the FCS! But with no pressure, Stick can look that good too!

Just like last year USD game. Up 14 points we go into a conservative offense series after series with no urgency to get drives going?

8 Jacks in the box all 2nd half and they are blitzing and stacking the line and we aren't using our Tight end throws over the top? Defense got very tired. Can't blame them.
    Hats off to SDSU they WANTED this game more then us, you could see it. Great talent with QB TE and WR.
    Their oline and dline outplayed us. We got BISONED!

We got out coached and out played in the second half yet, missed opportunities all over to keep drives alive.... kill the clock, play to win, not to go 3 and out.....

Funeral of Morlocks Father may have drained them emotionally this week too..... but when your up 17-3 and can't put the pedal down, no excuses.....

We needed to lose this game, we didn't deserve it! Jacks are for real and our Defensive play calling and offensive play calling better improve if we want to go deep into the playoffs.

Be Herd,
    NoDakBisman

What puzzles me was that we never even came close too getting a sack. And we couldn't even force a hold call by their offensive line ! Was their offensive line that good or were the officials not calling it ?

Jacks team is for real. Still can't believe the back judge called that targeting penalty and then didn't watch the ball right in front of him since the penalty was reversed and it was a touchdown.
    It's OK to not be OK.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    What puzzles me was that we never even came close too getting a sack. And we couldn't even force a hold call by their offensive line ! Was their offensive line that good or were the officials not calling it ?
    There were holding calls against the Jack's O line.

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    There were multiple holding calls, including one at the end of the game that was a flat out mugging.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We came into this game with the best rush defense in the country. The Jacks ran for their season high of 220 yards. Drake held them to 180. Defensively we prepared to stop the big play. USD took what we gave them, the QB run and inside underneath pass plays. Now...
    The Jacks prepared to stop our power run game. That's what we tried to do, and they did. Offensively we had no deception. Yes, we got outplayed but we also got out coached.

This was a total team loss. Offense, defense and coaching all sucked. We got exposed in all phases today.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

In the "stats anomaly" category, I can't imagine that there has been another football game played in the modern era (at any level) in which a team rolls up 523 yards of offense; doesn't punt once; endures ZERO quarterback pressure ALL DAY; yet only puts 19 points on the board.

NDSU could easily have lost by 20-something.

Koonce got what appeared to be his best punt of the season (last one) with the Jacks fair catching it at the 20. I immediately turned to my gf and confidently announced, "well, here comes a quick 80 yard drive for the win." There was absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind that that was forthcoming.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just seemed to me from start to finish, Stig coached like their season was on the line.