Page 102 of 132 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1319

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I've been off line for a few days, so cannot tell me if this is indeed the truth? If the Forum Communications did submit this bid it is a slap in the face to not only NDSU but those
    people that use FCC media outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    I've been off line for a few days, so cannot tell me if this is indeed the truth? If the Forum Communications did submit this bid it is a slap in the face to not only NDSU but those
    people that use FCC media outlets.

Yep. And that's what Dean B was referring to in his texts.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I understand who the bad guys are. But considering there is a witch hunt going on what is the general public going to surmise? Most arent going to really look at what happened and the details involved. Thats why it being blown up by the agenda based dick heads.

This. I don't think what DB did is something he had to be overly defensive about. Problem is there already was a witch hunt in progress by Port's legislative buddies and Port himself. Hennen's post is spot on. It's like DB kicked his dog the day he took the NDSU job. All Port has to do is put a spin on that the general public gets a bad taste towards DB. Really all he had to do is make him look bad in the headline and most would only see that much because nobody has time to read everything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    This. I don't think what DB did is something he had to be overly defensive about. Problem is there already was a witch hunt in progress by Port's legislative buddies and Port himself. Hennen's post is spot on. It's like DB kicked his dog the day he took the NDSU job. All Port has to do is put a spin on that the general public gets a bad taste towards DB. Really all he had to do is make him look bad in the headline and most would only see that much because nobody has time to read everything anymore.
    Agreed, I still support DB.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Agreed, I still support DB.
    Understand why many would feel this way, but he can no longer be effective. He gave then the rope, and they will hang him.

No, I don't like it either, but he f'd up on the statement and thew Larson under the bus.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 08-07-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Understand why many would feel this way, but he can no longer be effective. He gave then the route, and they will hang him.

No, I don't like it either, but he f'd up on the statement and thew Larson under the bus.
    Reading the editorial again, the one problem I have is that I don't get the feeling the Forum got a statement from DB before running it. Personally when calling for a guys head, especially when you are primarily basing it on a single incident (at least that is the tone of the editorial), and something as noncritical to the university's mission as athletic department media rights, I would really like to give DB a chance to respond. Especially when the allegations come from a partisan media source.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I understand who the bad guys are. But considering there is a witch hunt going on what is the general public going to surmise? Most arent going to really look at what happened and the details involved. Thats why it being blown up by the agenda based dick heads.
    I get they you know who the bad guys are, you've been paying attention. Anyone who has payed any attention should be able to see what's going on. They're not not even trying to hide the agenda anymore. The 2nd biggest problem, after the witch hunt itself, is that no one is paying attention and the headlines alone will sway perception.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

I would really like to give DB a chance to respond. Especially when the allegations come from a partisan media source.[/QUOTE]

Expecially when that source only cares if you win. In all of this that I think is the thing that pisses me off the most. What a horse shit bid. My position on all this has evolved also it is now screw Dom And Jeff and Forum Communications. KVLY and Midco paid for the access and they should get the original perks for putting up the cash. I wonder if Jeff will put how his company is only on a winning bandwagon in his book. You can take that kind of support and go write about a f'n hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I wonder if Jeff will put how his company is only on a winning bandwagon in his book.
    I realize that is a rhetorical question, but no. There is actually a chapter that talks about the coverage FCC provides to Bison football being above and beyond other FCS and even some FBS programs. Lots of talk about the corporate jet.

Some of the stories were very interesting, but in light of recent events also a little off putting. I think as a sports department they truely support the Bison but it's quite the opposite from the parent company, particularly recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I would really like to give DB a chance to respond. Especially when the allegations come from a partisan media source.
    Expecially when that source only cares if you win. In all of this that I think is the thing that pisses me off the most. What a horse shit bid. My position on all this has evolved also it is now screw Dom And Jeff and Forum Communications. KVLY and Midco paid for the access and they should get the original perks for putting up the cash. I wonder if Jeff will put how his company is only on a winning bandwagon in his book. You can take that kind of support and go write about a f'n hawk[/QUOTE]

I disagree with you a bit on one point. I believe that there is a difference between what FCC wants and what Rob Port wants. Banning anymore news, I think the FCC would have let it die. As for Rob, well to borrow a line from Alfred in the Batman movie, Rob frankly wants to see the world burn... The FCC now has to follow along, because frankly Rob dug around and found something. If DB would have phrased his press release differently, as a whole, the Forum would have dropped it after McFeely's article. But now it has taken a life of its own.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.