Page 81 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Season Tickets

Default Re: 2018 Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    If one of the goals is to have people unsuccessfully looking for tickets I'd say goal accomplished. Out here in small town ND on any home game weekend there seem to be a lot of retired couples who would like to go watch the Bison but won't go if no tickets. This small bunch who can't get tickets is a lot bigger than you seem to think

Considering how low they went down the list I dont think the season ticket group requests is as big as one thinks. I also think that a certain number of people couldnt afford the expensive tickets so the opted out which moved the list lower. Now it you are talking about the fans that want to come to a game every now and then and wont come because tickets just arent readily available then I will agree with you.

To be truthful I dont know if we would sell out if we had an additional 5k seats.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I know of people who were called and they wanted to move to LOWER seats, but they couldn’t find 6-8 seats together, or they couldn’t justify the difference in price. In a couple instances they ended up taking two more higher elevation seats. It was an interesting process.
    I do think we would be able to fill 5K seats, but you’d have to have many affordable options for families with kids.
    For the mid to older generation, if you can get them to their first game, I think they would be hooked!

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    [/B]

Considering how low they went down the list I dont think the season ticket group requests is as big as one thinks. I also think that a certain number of people couldnt afford the expensive tickets so the opted out which moved the list lower. Now it you are talking about the fans that want to come to a game every now and then and wont come because tickets just arent readily available then I will agree with you.

To be truthful I don't know if we would sell out if we had an additional 5k seats.
    There's no way to know the answer but I would prefer an additional 10,000 seats with 5k sitting empty except for the marquee games compared to the current situation. I can almost always find seats some way but it bothers me how often I talk to people who would like to make the trek to Fargo but don't because the secondary market is to bothersome for them

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    There's no way to know the answer but I would prefer an additional 10,000 seats with 5k sitting empty except for the marquee games compared to the current situation. I can almost always find seats some way but it bothers me how often I talk to people who would like to make the trek to Fargo but don't because the secondary market is to bothersome for them
    If they can’t be bothered to deal with the s3condary market the chances that they’re going to help get a new stadium built are not great either. Does it make sense to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on discretionary infrastructure that benefits only the most marginally interested people?

I get the lifetime fan argument and the generational fan argument. I’m a product of that. I’m sympathetic to it. But what are the program’s priorities, needs, wants, timing and where does the money come from?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

The high demand for single game and season tickets will not last forever. I have it on good authority that the worm is turning.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    If they can’t be bothered to deal with the s3condary market the chances that they’re going to help get a new stadium built are not great either. Does it make sense to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on discretionary infrastructure that benefits only the most marginally interested people?

I get the lifetime fan argument and the generational fan argument. I’m a product of that. I’m sympathetic to it. But what are the program’s priorities, needs, wants, timing and where does the money come from?
    I'd think we'd all agree that since a new stadium ain't happening, whatever they can do to marginally expand the Dome needs to happen. The money should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'd think we'd all agree that since a new stadium ain't happening, whatever they can do to marginally expand the Dome needs to happen. The money should be there.
    I would be interested in hearing from someone who knows something about architecture what they possibly could do to expand seating short of tearing it apart.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post

I,ll guarantee you these people aren’t just marginally interested. What ever else is going on gets put on hold when the Bison are playing and they’re in front of the tv. I agree a bigger stadium is only a dream. There is no source of funding

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I would be interested in hearing from someone who knows something about architecture what they possibly could do to expand seating short of tearing it apart.
    Gabe has shared the plans quite a few times; there are some things that can be done.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Ck your pm please
    Thanks, but no thanks. I'll probably only take the entire family to a game or 2 anyways.

Lardsin must go!