Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Thank you for posting here Ross. With that said, is Ryan still thinking this could be a tough hold for NDSU? I know he said that on the last podcast. I am unclear if Ryan is hearing that from sources or if it is just that he is convinced MN is whiffing on this kid and driving him nuts.
    More of I could not understand why Claeys didn't want Gindorff as he's a fantastic athlete that's also 6'5" - 6'6" 230-240 lbs. Couldn't understand it for the life of me.
    I know Gindorff's family is definitely weighing the pro's and con's here as "loves" being an NDSU commit, so we'll see what Noah decides here soon.

Does anyone know how the te position sits with the gophers. Do they have some highly thought of te already? Could be a case like James Johansson where he got buried on the depth chart or could come to ndsu and dominate and get lots of playing time early. The last few years have shown the ability to get ndsu players to the nfl

Default 2017 Recruiting Updates

The Gophers have Nate Wozniak and Brandon Lingen who have been pretty good who will be seniors I believe but Lingen has dealt with a lot of injuries this year. Beyond that they have Ko Keift & Bryce Witham on the roster as scholarship players from last years recruiting class and then have Nathan Bursch committed this year so far. They got a verbal TE/DE from a WMU commit but I think he likely projects more as a defensive player but I could be wrong. From what I've heard the Gophers view Bursch as more of a blocking tight end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Love when recruits come to Fargo right now. Its -30 wind chill. The kid commits you know he wants to be a Bison!

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Does anyone know how the te position sits with the gophers. Do they have some highly thought of te already? Could be a case like James Johansson where he got buried on the depth chart or could come to ndsu and dominate and get lots of playing time early. The last few years have shown the ability to get ndsu players to the nfl
    Check out Scout is has all the information you are looking for. Also you have no idea if JJ would of had any playing time at NDSU.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Check out Scout is has all the information you are looking for. Also you have no idea if JJ would of had any playing time at NDSU.
    I agree with this.

247 Sports now lists Noah Gindorff as having received an offer from Minnesota on 1/7 FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I just meant they could go to a big 10 school and have the chance to get buried on the depth chart. Or you could pick the best fcs school and have a better chance of getting on the field earlier in some cases

I'd have loved to see JJ sign with NDSU. I think he could get tough yards like King Frazier did. Not sure Dunn or Anderson have that same level of ability.

If it was more about NDSU having a tiny number of schollies to give and more pressing needs, that's something else.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'd have loved to see JJ sign with NDSU. I think he could get tough yards like King Frazier did. Not sure Dunn or Anderson have that same level of ability.

If it was more about NDSU having a tiny number of schollies to give and more pressing needs, that's something else.
    They can get the tough yards. Bruce Anderson is actually the same height as King and 3 lbs heavier but way faster.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com