Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: The political stuff is getting out of hand

Default Re: The political stuff is getting out of hand

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    You don't give in to any middle ground. The country is very clearly divided and neither side will give the other side the satisfaction of agreeing on anything.

This all reminds me of something I read somewhere. There are 2 kinds of people in this world and I try to avoid both.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    There are a few topics that I have a hard time giving any middle ground to (safety and efficacy of vaccines is one in particular, and more recently defense of Trump’s actions that led to Jan 6)… but the very nature of my worldview is specifically to call out where WE DON’T KNOW the answers, which, I think, is a pretty good example of “middle ground.”

I also could be wrong about that and I’m not perfect, so feel free to point out where I’m wrong here.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Country being divided is nothing new. What is recent is over the past couple decades the right has moved that divided further and further towards ignorance, dogma, and nationalism to the point they openly celebrate someone like Donald Trump. It is unfortunate for the entire country.
    I think both sides have done quite a job of increasing the division.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    You don't give in to any middle ground. The country is very clearly divided and neither side will give the other side the satisfaction of agreeing on anything.

This all reminds me of something I read somewhere. There are 2 kinds of people in this world and I try to avoid both.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I’ll also add that I got really pissed off at a few posters on here and placed them on ignore, but the ignore feature on this site really sucks because you can still see, both, when they post things and 1 simple click reveals it, and also when others quote what they say. This led to 2 things: Me posting superlative over-generalizations aimed at specific posters without actually responding to anything they say, and then me leaving that part of this forum altogether because it’s not helping anything or anyone including those people.

Anyway. I’ve said my piece. I’m gonna stick to good-natured football, basketball, golf, and hating un_ posts. I’m better at that stuff. Good luck to you all.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Yep. It's always funny when folks seem to think that it is only one group who has moved further from the center.
    College of Business Alumnus

Ya think
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Country being divided is nothing new. What is recent is over the past couple decades the right has moved that divided further and further towards ignorance, dogma, and nationalism to the point they openly celebrate someone like Donald Trump. It is unfortunate for the entire country.
    You did nothing wrong? Someone else is to blame? Imagine that.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm not perfect but at least I didn't support the guy who told everyone before the election he wouldn't honor the results unless he won. You can be imperfect without being completely clueless eh kev?

I shoulda voted for Hillary in 2016, that's what I did wrong.

No doubt. But that doesn't mean there is an equivalence. There are extremes on both side, but the right embraces it with open arms and a disregard for the truth. They'd rather lie to themselves than believe their guy lost by over 7 million votes. Huge percentages believe the Qanon crap. Crazy in mainstream in the GOP, it exists on the left but it's just not at the same level.

No doubt. But that doesn't mean there is an equivalence. There are extremes on both side, but the right embraces it with open arms and a disregard for the truth. They'd rather lie to themselves than believe their guy lost by over 7 million votes. Huge percentages believe the Qanon crap. Crazy in mainstream in the GOP, it exists on the left but it's just not at the same level.
    Polls taken in 2018 showed roughly 2/3 of Democrats believed Hillary actually won the 2016 election or that Russians hacked voting machines to change votes. Crazy is mainstream everywhere. It's just gonna manifest itself more in whomever lost most recently. And no, he did not lose by 7 million votes. He, like Hillary, lost by something like ~100,000 votes total between a few states that would have changed the outcome.
    College of Business Alumnus