Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-blue Post-Game Thoughts.

Default Re: ISU-blue Post-Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by perthbison View Post
    I'm hoping the answer isn't 5 or 6. That run was hard to watch
    Hard to defend when you LB commits to backer in the flats. Tooooo agressive

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have been saying this from the begining of the season after watching Montana game.....this is not player problem this is Coaching issue...our coching staff on the Defensive side need to step up......We are putting up more points on board than Brock Jensen era...but there is a huge drop in the quality of Defense. This is becoming a serious issue and Western Illinois will humilate us....
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I have been saying this from the begining of the season after watching Montana game.....this is not player problem this is Coaching issue...our coching staff on the Defensive side need to step up......We are putting up more points on board than Brock Jensen era...but there is a huge drop in the quality of Defense. This is becoming a serious issue and Western Illinois will humilate us....
    So you think the coaches are not coaching the outside linebackers. You think the coaches are responsible for PGT missed assignment. I suppose you could argue if he cant do it why is he out there, but then again players gotta make a play...he was in position (well until he vacated) BTw I am by no means disputing you just not sure where I sit on the statement. IDK, There was improvement form last week that is for sure

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    There was improvement form last week that is for sure
    I think this is indisputable. There is reason for hope. This season hasn't bored me

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) Stick was as advertised. Natural runner, good vision. I want to see him throw in better conditions I think the ball was a bit slick from the rain. My only concern was that a couple of his throws into the flat could have been pick sixes if the defender had half a step. I give him an A though. Great game.
    2) Our best running back is our quarterback.
    3) Pick a running back. Any running back. Let him play more than one down a series.
    4) Play Dunn more. He seems to have the fastest first step.
    5) The return of the middle screen. Worked well.
    6) For the first time in many years I'm not confident on 3rd and 1 and I'm not surprised if we fail to convert. That's on the oline.
    7) QB read-option continues to result in big plays. I wish we still had Heagle back there.
    8) When this defense gets put on their heels it's like they fall apart. Could be scary in the playoffs in a close game.
    9) Yes, we'll make the playoffs.
    10) LeCompte deserves some recognition. Week in and week out he's been crushing kicks and controlling field position.
    Would help if they would quit running shotgun on 3rd and 1....never seem to get a positive play out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Would help if they would quit running shotgun on 3rd and 1....never seem to get a positive play out of it...
    While I agree with you we haven't done much of anything out of power this year either. I don't know what the answer is.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

...wonder who wrote the check for the band to be there today. That was cool.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    ...wonder who wrote the check for the band to be there today. That was cool.
    What'd you think of Stick, CA?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I'll respectfully disagree. If this in regards to the QB option, it's on the players. Board/PGT were in position to make that play. Defense played great today minus that one play. I put the end of first half series on the offense.

Loved the the way the team played today. Offense will continue to open up as Easton gets more reps. Let's go! OMAHA!
    This...and I won't be respectful. Board was there one on one to make the tackle and made a bad play. The read option requires gap assignment football and he was there. That is on him, not the coaches.

Great team win. Regardless of what most fans think of ISU-Blue, this was a ranked team and a good win. Stick is a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    What'd you think of Stick, CA?
    Impressive first game. He's very mature on the field considering his age and experience. He's the real deal.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.