Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EDT: Fargodome Expansion Vote vs Old Man Yells at Cloud (12-5-23)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Red debt: Credit card.
    Black debt: Something that you can still sell and pay off debt (home, car).
    Debt is still bad but black better than red.

I got "work an hour a day for you" advice before first real job.
    Socked 12% (1/8th, one hour, of 8 hour day) of pay into 401k before I ever saw it so I've never missed it
    I am retired but in my next life, I will remember this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    processing my check
    Bro, it's the 2020's no one sends a check anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Bro, it's the 2020's no one sends a check anymore.
    LOL! I am not sure which is funnier, the "bro" or the "no one sends a check anymore."

I understand what you are saying to a degree but if the due date is 12 days henceforth and the bank employees or whomever they outsource their work to down in St. Louis, do not "get around" to processing my check for a few days, then I worry about missing the due date.

By the way, I am having some deju va. You are the poster who uses a lot of on-line and computer banking stuff so maybe it is easier for you to do all of this shrewd (in a good way) manipulation of your account. I get my bill in the mail, I check it off against my paper receipts, write the check, enter into ledger and mail via USPS.

If you do things your way, sounds like a good plan. You obviously are very smart with your money. My bankers have tried hard to get me to do some kind of on-line banking stuff but I am old school and do everything the same way people did decades ago.
    I suppose you own a pen too.

My new-ish favorite is the Apple Card. They pay me 2% on everything except Apple stuff where they pay 3%. They let me buy Apple stuff and charge me 0% interest to make installments via ACH transfer for like 18 months or so. Furthermore they let me set up an auto debit on the CC due date against a bank account I choose. The icing on the cake was that the bank behind this is Goldman Sachs. I just LOVE stickin it to GS. But they have tired of this game and apparently far too many of my Apple brothers and sisters have played the same game as me. GS is bailing out on this one. Losses are mounting. We shall see if all remains rosy in Appleville.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Fountain pen for the thank-you notes, bread and butter notes, and RSVPs but a ballpoint pen for the pedestrian and everyday uses. No purple.

LOL! I am not sure which is funnier, the "bro" or the "no one sends a check anymore."
    Listen AG, we've all been wondering who in the hell has been keeping Deluxe Check afloat. Now we know it's you!!

Listen AG, we've all been wondering who in the hell has been keeping Deluxe Check afloat. Now we know it's you!!
    All you young 'uns are missing out on the thrill of a box of fresh checks arriving in the mail. Remember we always had to (and in my case still have to) look over the newly arrived checks to make sure they were printed accurately. Then a mild bit of anxiety when we reach the "Its time to Reorder Checks now" page which signals that we are running out of checks. Then the decisions on whether to order a box of 100 checks, 150 checks or 300! And the mild frustration of getting 2 Transaction Registers with the checks, cuz we never really needed that second Transaction Register*.

A few days ago, I wrote a check, ripped it off, and I got my "LAST CHANCE, YOU ONLY HAVE 5 CHECKS LEFT! Notification. LOL

*Some of you kids may not even know what a Transaction Register is!

All you young 'uns are missing out on the thrill of a box of fresh checks arriving in the mail. Remember we always had to (and in my case still have to) look over the newly arrived checks to make sure they were printed accurately. Then a mild bit of anxiety when we reach the "Its time to Reorder Checks now" page which signals that we are running out of checks. Then the decisions on whether to order a box of 100 checks, 150 checks or 300! And the mild frustration of getting 2 Transaction Registers with the checks, cuz we never really needed that second Transaction Register*.

A few days ago, I wrote a check, ripped it off, and I got my "LAST CHANCE, YOU ONLY HAVE 5 CHECKS LEFT! Notification. LOL

*Some of you kids may not even know what a Transaction Register is!
    Wait. What? You ripped off a paper check and got a notification on your phone? <Mind blown> Or was it on your computer? <confused>

My new-ish favorite is the Apple Card. They pay me 2% on everything except Apple stuff where they pay 3%. They let me buy Apple stuff and charge me 0% interest to make installments via ACH transfer for like 18 months or so. Furthermore they let me set up an auto debit on the CC due date against a bank account I choose. The icing on the cake was that the bank behind this is Goldman Sachs. I just LOVE stickin it to GS. But they have tired of this game and apparently far too many of my Apple brothers and sisters have played the same game as me. GS is bailing out on this one. Losses are mounting. We shall see if all remains rosy in Appleville.
    I will be sure to keep Apple Card in mind when/if/fat chance I dip my toes into on-line stuff. LOL! Who knew there was drama in banking?? Apple brothers and sisters! LOL.

Wait. What? You ripped off a paper check and got a notification on your phone? <Mind blown> Or was it on your computer? <confused>
    LOL. I think you know it was a piece of paper the same dimensions of the check and it was "attached" onto the check pack. Young people might actually think ripping a paper check will somehow alert the Smartphone and an audio voice will remind me I need new check blanks. Trust me, it is very, very old-school. BTW, had a nice chat with my teller today!