Page 26 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to CUSA

Default Re: NDSU to CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...976740357?s=20

I guess I suck at embedding tweets I need to spend more time on message boards.
    is Dumb Izzo that stupid?

it's 1 plane flight every 2 years
    NDSU already is to Missouri, Ohio. what's another hour in a plane. big deal
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    There has to be more in the works for CUSA. They need at least 1 more all-sports member and probably more. I don't know why these schools would be signing up if there wasn't some sort of assurance from the CUSA brass that they have more schools in the hopper that they are still in very serious discussions with... I'd think the longer they take to make/announce/leak their next move the more likely it is that it involves multiple schools.
    There was a tweeter yesterday that besides the schools that have been speculated, there are 30+ more that have reached out to CUSA. Obviously not many of them are realistic, but I don't think CUSA is in as rough of shape as people think.

My guess would be at this point that they add some Tennessee-area FCS schools and be done with it for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

NDSU already is to Missouri, Ohio. what's another hour in a plane. big deal
    Probably related to the hourly operation cost for that equipment. Got to assume that’s a big five digit number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Probably related to the hourly operation cost for that equipment. Got to assume that’s a big five digit number.

5 figures ain’t even a rounding error bro just print more
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Conference USA is pushing hard to find an eighth member that would satisfy NCAA requirements to stay in the FBS, ...

FBS independents Liberty and New Mexico State plus FCS teams Sam Houston and Jacksonville State were all extended Conference USA invitations on Wednesday, sources confirmed to CBS Sports.
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...g-realignment/

My prediction on their eighth: In the footprint (Izzo's tweet) and below the Mason-Dixon line.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    There was a tweeter yesterday that besides the schools that have been speculated, there are 30+ more that have reached out to CUSA. Obviously not many of them are realistic, but I don't think CUSA is in as rough of shape as people think.

My guess would be at this point that they add some Tennessee-area FCS schools and be done with it for a bit.
    It might depend on if the NCAA enforces its rules. Excluding Ivy and SWAC which have no business moving up, there aren't even 30 FCS stadiums that hold the required 15k, much less 30 that get that kind of attendance. I know they've let a bunch of FBS teams slide on this rule, but it's a different matter on approving new teams that don't meet requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    5 figures ain’t even a rounding error bro just print more
    Not sure NDSU owns one of those printers. Perhaps you can give the endowment managers some guidance on either short squeezes or crypto speculation eh reddit boy?

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

It's three (or four) per year to (pick from):
    • Las Cruses NM
    • El Paso TX
    • Huntsville TX
    • Ruston LA
    • Jacksonville AL
    • Lynchburg VA
    • Miami FL

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    It might depend on if the NCAA enforces its rules. Excluding Ivy and SWAC which have no business moving up, there aren't even 30 FCS stadiums that hold the required 15k, much less 30 that get that kind of attendance. I know they've let a bunch of FBS teams slide on this rule, but it's a different matter on approving new teams that don't meet requirements.
    There are ways around the 15k rule. Most of the MAC has them figured out and uses them.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    There are ways around the 15k rule. Most of the MAC has them figured out and uses them.
    If by the NCAA ignoring their rules to preserve an existing stable conference, then yes, I've already covered that. Remains to be seen if they'll allow new teams to do the same. Good chance they will, but a possibility they won't.