Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

Default Re: Bison Basketball Team ISSUES

i know kinda off topic but is there anything they can do to fix the seat issue it seem to me they tried to shoehorn in about every little seat they could instead of looking at comfort I am not a huge guy but its rough you are squeezed in there very little thought went into this project
    in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by BAT67 View Post
    i know kinda off topic but is there anything they can do to fix the seat issue it seem to me they tried to shoehorn in about every little seat they could instead of looking at comfort I am not a huge guy but its rough you are squeezed in there very little thought went into this project
    in my opinion
    Obviously not following other topics, so I'll bite. They changed the type of seat midway through due to a donor, but from speculation that never got information on change in riser widths (the part the seats sit on) passed on to the riser supplier so that they could make necessary adjustments. Nothing solid proof on that just speculation. Maybe it did and NDSU couldn't foot the bill for the change (as that would be a change from what was bid and will almost always cost $$ for that type of scenario) and decided to wing it but seems strange that not at any point someone sat in any seat while the GC was in control and went, wow this is tight!? And decide to do the adjustment then... as that would have solved it seems third of the complaints if not more, as many have said they're "good" now. They didn't semi fix them until halfway through the first season.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What happened to Jordan Meidinger, the 7' redshirt from Dickinson? The last couple of games he's been on the bench with a large leg brace on.

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    What happened to Jordan Meidinger, the 7' redshirt from Dickinson? The last couple of games he's been on the bench with a large leg brace on.
    I am guessing leg injury.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I am guessing leg injury.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    hurt his shooting hand

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope it's not serious so he is out for like a long period as Jordan needs all of the strength and skill training he can get to develop into the big the Bison need!

Micro-fracture surgery. Like 5-6 month recovery time.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

WHAT DO YOU FEEL IS BIGGEST "ISSUE" WITH THE BISON BASKETBALL TEAM?

A. OFFENSE SCHEME---two offense schemes---dribble weave and flex

B. COACHES--are players developing, are players accountable, are minutes earned, are lineups adjusted to playing performance

C. PLAYERS PLAYING TIME--are players getting more minutes who play well, are players being subbed out timely and for reason, are different groups of players tried playing in a group, players who perform poorly---are minutes taken away

D. DEFENSE SCHEME--switch defenses, apply pressure full court, 3/4 court, 1/2 court; double down on posts with guards or with other big; run n jump, different zones attempted

F. ADJUSTMENTS TO ITEMS THAT ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL---after 1st halves, after losses, after wins, after timeouts

G. CREATIVENESS IN PLAYS---plays created to maximize players strengths, plays after a timeout to put a player in position to be successful or to attack an opponents weakness, plays created to minimize touches of certain players, plays created to POST up players, to ISO players

FEEL FREE to list more than one LETTER

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

B & C are my current complaints. Rocky is our best big man and Deng is one of our more explosive players, both need to be playing more minutes and we need to see less from Dylan. AJ has been coming on the last few games so I'm gonna give him a pass for now but these two guys need more time. In addition to that F is kind of a part of B, we don't do a great job of utilizing timeouts and our in game adjustments are horrible. We seem to have a decent game plan to start a game but if the other team switches something up we tend to have an issue adjusting on the fly, that to me comes back to the coaches and their ability to understand what's happening and put our guys in a position to succeed. Again all of this can be hit or miss though, the games against ORU and USD I thought we did excellent jobs of adjusting throughout the game and battled and fought and then we have games like IPFW where we dominate the first half and then come out the 2nd half and get dominated right back, a game shouldn't swing that much.