Page 237 of 302 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    It isn't a slur. I love soccer and wish we had a league with men's teams. But a 20k seat soccer stadium is not a big-time football venue. It just isn't.
    Again, that wasn’t my point. I was just making an observation that “soccer” people catch it from people who hate soccer and from people who love it so much they recoil at it being called soccer.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I'm thinking student turnout must be slow for this game.
    I show on gobison.com that there are only 603 tickets

168 sideline
    236 north endzone
    199 SOUTH

An article today said there are roughly 2000 tickets so my math says the students who have 3500 have only claimed roughly 2100 of their 3500. That means we may see their tickets go on sale Friday for those who don't want a crappy super high up endzone seat. My math might be a little off but in the same ballpark. Also Albany will put their unclaimed seats on sale too so that probably adds a few hundred.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    But, but, but we were assured by the FOB crowd that the Mountain West
    would be breaking down the FargoDome doors to get NDSU to join up!!!
    The Bison have a superior fanbase!
    The Bison have superior ESPN ratings!
    The Bison are a superior name brand!
    The Bison have a superior location, strategically located in Fargo with close proximity to other schools……

Well, maybe not so much the last one

But seriously, if your 1st paragraph were to happen, everything would be lining up for NDSU’s chance. Craig Bohl & Wyoming can lead the charge to get the Bison into the MW.
    But the 1st 3 articles I read on what the Mountain West would do if they got raided for 3 teams, well, none of them mentioned NDSU - so I am tired of looking for those.

Have you seen any mention of NDSU and the Mountain West?
    I’m always interested in reading about it.

I put that request to Lakes many times over the years and he has yet to produce.
    Just some random chat site stuff.
    Times have changed, SEC/Big 12 realignment is here, sowhatayagot?
    As always, extra extra credit for articles including MW Conference officials, MW school Presidents, MW AD’s, MW Coaches or even MW beat writers……

Today’s rumor wasn’t so promising:

Max Olson is a writer for the Athletic
    some people like to feel important by being the kings of nowhereland.

NDSU admin has NEVER put out feelers, made calls, or even publicly pushed, so at this point FBS conferences probably think we are too chickenshit to move up

there will be 15k there tomorrow. oh well it's labor day at the lakes.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    some people like to feel important by being the kings of nowhereland.

NDSU admin has NEVER put out feelers, made calls, or even publicly pushed, so at this point FBS conferences probably think we are too chickenshit to move up

there will be 15k there tomorrow. oh well it's labor day at the lakes.
    I'd say you are trollin' pretty hard...but needs more all caps. It's like you aren't even trying anymore. DII effort.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I'd say you are trollin' pretty hard...but needs more all caps. It's like you aren't even trying anymore. DII effort.
    You would think he would find some different lies to tell. Its not like he doesnt do that already.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

not lies... fatigue has set in

we missed our chance
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Then why not find some FBS program to cheer for/pester. I'm sure they'll measure your dick for you.....

Edit. Meant to quote post #2366.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    But, but, but we were assured by the FOB crowd that the Mountain West
    would be breaking down the FargoDome doors to get NDSU to join up!!!
    The Bison have a superior fanbase!
    The Bison have superior ESPN ratings!
    The Bison are a superior name brand!
    The Bison have a superior location, strategically located in Fargo with close proximity to other schools……

Well, maybe not so much the last one

But seriously, if your 1st paragraph were to happen, everything would be lining up for NDSU’s chance. Craig Bohl & Wyoming can lead the charge to get the Bison into the MW.
    But the 1st 3 articles I read on what the Mountain West would do if they got raided for 3 teams, well, none of them mentioned NDSU - so I am tired of looking for those.

Have you seen any mention of NDSU and the Mountain West?
    I’m always interested in reading about it.

I put that request to Lakes many times over the years and he has yet to produce.
    Just some random chat site stuff.
    Times have changed, SEC/Big 12 realignment is here, sowhatayagot?
    As always, extra extra credit for articles including MW Conference officials, MW school Presidents, MW AD’s, MW Coaches or even MW beat writers……

Today’s rumor wasn’t so promising:

Max Olson is a writer for the Athletic
    Love the straw man argument against Lakes who at this point is probably a UND fan. I respond with: watch an FCS game without NDSU playing in it. There are better broadcasts following ND Class B basketball. Just remember, there are just as many straw men who love NDSU staying in FCS too.

FCS is a joke. I wish it wasn't. The playoffs, the parity of teams 3 thru 30 every year, it could be a pretty awesome subdivision. Unfortunately, we belong in a higher tier. That being said, I'm flying back across the country to watch our home opener, can't wait to see old friends and cheer on NDSU against literally any football team in the country. People like Lakes make an easy case to stay in FCS, but the majority of us who wish we were FBS don't think like him. We love NDSU and only want the best. You might call us optimists.

There are hurdles to being included in FBS. All rational "pro-FBS" fans understand that. We just want what's best for NDSU. If an opportunity arises for NDSU to move to the Mountain West, we hope they take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds like there will be multiple openings in the AAC in the near future.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ources-confirm
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Sounds like there will be multiple openings in the AAC in the near future.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ources-confirm
    Openings for CUSA and Sunbelt teams. AAC is too full of themselves to even consider an FCS move up. They’ve been pushing to be a part of the “P6” for a while. Once other G5 conferences are poached, maybe a slither of a chance NDSU gets a call from someone other than the AAC.