Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: NCAA Rules Survey

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NCAA Rules Survey

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    That was the first year of any hand signal was going to be a fair catch signal.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    It's not a fair catch signal. It's an invalid fair catch signal. It's been a rule for much longer than that, but it may have been an interpretation clarification. The invalid signal was usually a short arm or just raising but not waving. But players started doing the get away signal more often and it wasn't consistently called the same.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Yes. Flag football is coming

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Indeed it is. I recently noticed a young team practicing (10–11 year olds?) and they were wearing protective head gear/helmets similar to this. Flag Football leagues are trending up especially at the younger levels. Will there come a day when it trickles into high school and beyond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Ive heard some youth leagues have poles/pegs under shoulder pads and if a defender pulls one, the offensive player is considered down.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Ive heard some youth leagues have poles/pegs under shoulder pads and if a defender pulls one, the offensive player is considered down.
    I'm trying like hell but I can't come up with anything that makes sense when reading this. The defender pulls his own peg? How does a defender reach under another's jersey to pull said peg? None if this makes sense. I need more context or explanation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I'm trying like hell but I can't come up with anything that makes sense when reading this. The defender pulls his own peg? How does a defender reach under another's jersey to pull said peg? None if this makes sense. I need more context or explanation.

The defender pulls them off of the ball carrier. Basically flag football. They are on the lower back. They had one broken arm testing.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

Check out this recent story from WDAY for context.

http://www.wday.com/news/4431841-nds...id-concussions

Quote Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post

Ah yes. I have seen those before. When I read "under the shoulder pads" I was picturing something literally underneath the shoulder pads not below them. I've always hated flag football because the damn things are twisting and twirling around as the runner spins, etc. At least this keeps the target somewhat steady.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post

This may help with regard to tackling, but what about blocking? And mid-air collisions when both are going for the ball? The "flag football" solution doesn't seem like a comprehensive solution.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016