Page 35 of 65 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I dont get the big deal about this
    To me, a commitment was made by the University and not by any particular coach. Add to that it was pulled at virtually the last moment leaving the kid scrambling to find another scholarship. It's just my opinion that it is a pretty crappy way to treat a kid, especially when Fleck had one of his assistants do it for him.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I cannot believe PJ Fleck had recruited Western Michigan to the 15th rated class in the country and they all honored it. Talk about it building up a program. I hope he kills it at Minnesota.
    Who honored what? He brought 7 WMU verbals with him to MN.

I have no reason to hope he fails or succeeds, I wouldn't deal with him being our coach very well though just because of his personality. Barrerio asks him how he's doing, he's "elite" and had to throw in at least two other times something about feeling elite. He said for the program to become a winning one the media needs to be more positive and that was his surprise coming in. The owpher, or whatever he was calling his commits, bugged me. There were a couple other things he said today that made me shake my head and I think it would get old if he was ours and I had to listen to it all the time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post

I have no reason to hope he fails or succeeds, I wouldn't deal with him being our coach very well though just because of his personality. Barrerio asks him how he's doing, he's "elite" and had to throw in at least two other times something about feeling elite. He said for the program to become a winning one the media needs to be more positive and that was his surprise coming in. The owpher, or whatever he was calling his commits, bugged me. There were a couple other things he said today that made me shake my head and I think it would get old if he was ours and I had to listen to it all the time.

7 flipped and they still finished 15th? WTF kind of class did he initially have?

If you would have told me a program like Western Michigan could go 13-0, end up with a New Years bowl losing to Wisconsin by 1 possession, and end up with the 15th ranked recruiting class, I would tell you NDSU is playing in the wrong division.

NDSU is definitely playing in the wrong division.

"I want all my assistants to be head coaches someday."

Yeah. I've read coach K's book too...And you've been a head coach for 3 years...Get some more experience before you start talking like that.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Elite is just his word. I really don't get why you guys are getting panties in a bunch because someone is different than you. Sometimes this site is unreadable because of shit like this. It just reads like sour grapes and little man syndrome.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    "I want all my assistants to be head coaches someday."

Yeah. I've read coach K's book too...And you've been a head coach for 3 years...Get some more experience before you start talking like that.
    That comment and the one he made about MN being more attractive to him because he wouldn't just be the next great coach I actually liked.

Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Elite is just his word. I really don't get why you guys are getting panties in a bunch because someone is different than you. Sometimes this site is unreadable because of shit like this. It just reads like sour grapes and little man syndrome.
    I just think he over uses it, that's all. I get what he's trying you do/who has trying to be and how he wants to use that to connect to this generation of players. If it works more power to him. His persona just isn't something I'd personally like to spend a lot of time around, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Listening to someone refer to Gopher football as "elite" ad nauseum is actually quite entertaining if you're into that particular style of comedy.

Some people allow themselves to be annoyed too quickly before they can fully appreciate the humor.

He reminds me of a used car salesman.

To be honest, theTwin Cities media market is brutal to the Gophers. Lots of negativity on KFAN and Strib. I compare that to my time in Iowa where they love the Hawkeyes or Fargo where at least on the sports side NDSU is treated pretty positively.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.