Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Default Re: University of Jamestown to the Great Plains Athletic Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would think Washington School is even more on the chopping block now. Hard to say though.
    What are class sizes like right now? Would they need to build a new school or?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    What are class sizes like right now? Would they need to build a new school or?
    Not sure on the size of classes there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Not sure on the size of classes there.
    Wasn’t Washington suppose to close like 10-15 years ago?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Lots of fun memories on that field and a few not so good. Kind of a bummer that the Jays won't be playing there anymore but I fully understand the deal of just having one football venue in town. We already have a soccer field at the high school, or we did 10 years ago. I'm assuming that is still there. Would this new field just be for soccer to use when the football team is not there to avoid wear and tear on their regular field?

I hate football fields with tracks around them from a fan perspective, but I suppose that's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. Wonder if Washington School is gonna be around much longer.
    I don't hate fields with tracks but I love the intimacy of fans closer to the field. One of our D3 schools had stands right behind the bench and maybe 15 feet from the sideline. When I'm there for a kickoff I can smell someone's bad breath I'm so close.

They built a nice new stadium this off-season and put the track around it. It just won't be the same.

This photo was taken from the top row of the visitor stands. You can see the railing below and the proximity to the sideline. It's tighter than even the Fargodone.

Here is video from a couple months ago. You can see the old stadium in the background in some of the shots.

https://youtu.be/GCDaQ5UwYHg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    UJ hasn’t had a successful football team in a long long time. In the meantime they’ve had other programs do very well. I can see your point where a successful football program could have a trickle down effect to the other sports but that isn’t the case at UJ

Yes, they haven't had a successful football program in a while; in fact, they are in danger of becoming the UMary/Minot State of the GPAC football conference. However, kudos to the folks in Jamestown in their efforts to up grade their facilities. I am sure Rollie Greeno is smiling.

Jimmies football still on schedule. Open on the road Sept 12 at Briar Cliff University and first home game will be Sept 26 against Northwestern College

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Jimmies football still on schedule. Open on the road Sept 12 at Briar Cliff University and first home game will be Sept 26 against Northwestern College
    F it. Tailgate at Jimmies game. Frisco Cruise En Route to Iowa Sept 11 (it'll take us a day)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Would love to see the Jimmies embrace Bison fans for a game. Set up a tailgating area, encourage folks to wear the green or yellow mask and have a Bison home game for UJ. How many seats does the bowl hold? Their admin and AD seem to be the only ones with enough Moxy in this state to pull it off. They could also do a UND event as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Would love to see the Jimmies embrace Bison fans for a game. Set up a tailgating area, encourage folks to wear the green or yellow mask and have a Bison home game for UJ. How many seats does the bowl hold? Their admin and AD seem to be the only ones with enough Moxy in this state to pull it off. They could also do a UND event as well.
    well, they are private & not at the legislature's teet
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Jamestown doesn't do masks lol.
    College of Business Alumnus