Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: When They Were Kings

Default Re: When They Were Kings

What I don't get is why NDSU is suppose to feel like the bad guy. Don't you that think we should play remember that during our transition THEY REFUSED to play us. Why should we run back to kiss and make up. The same reasons you think it's good for the state now, should be the same reasons we should have played then. Hard feelings... Yes. Rivalry...of course. Will we play again?....of course(when we say so, GT knows when). 6 home games (2 of them cupcakes, 4 conf), 4 road conf games, 1 money fbs game seems to be working just fine.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 75NOVA View Post
    What I don't get is why NDSU is suppose to feel like the bad guy. Don't you that think we should play remember that during our transition THEY REFUSED to play us. Why should we run back to kiss and make up. The same reasons you think it's good for the state now, should be the same reasons we should have played then. Hard feelings... Yes. Rivalry...of course. Will we play again?....of course(when we say so, GT knows when). 6 home games (2 of them cupcakes, 4 conf), 4 road conf games, 1 money fbs game seems to be working just fine.
    It's not that NDSU is the bad guy. It's moreso that UN_ is the sad forgotten puppy on the side of the road everyone wants to feel sorry for.

Our Transition -
    Bison: Wouldn't it be good to keep the rivalry going?
    Sioux: You are going to have more scholarships than we will. That won't be a fair game and it'll ruin what we've built.

Their Transition -
    Bison: Ok, now that we are all scholarship-wise on even ground, should we restart the rivalry?
    Sioux: Fully transitioned vs. transitioning? C'mon that's not fair to the teams or North Dakota.

Both fully transitioned but before the Bison were a dynasty -
    Bison: We've got to be ready to go now right?
    Sioux: You know, we just have so much going on right now with the new conference and the nickname debate. Probly best to not start quite yet. Plus, the Big Sky hates you and if we scheduled the game, it wouldn't look good for us with our new "friends".

After the Bison started winning -
    Sioux: I think we are good to go now. We are both fully transitioned and in good standings with our conferences. Let's get this going.
    Bison: Ok, you can come to our house and we'll see what happens.
    Sioux: C'mon, you really think that's what's best for North Dakota? Let's get this thing going.
    Bison: What's best for North Dakota was to never stop the rivalry in the first place.
    Sioux: Hey, you were the ones that left. It's not our fault you changed the playing field.

/purple? /purpleish? /purplesomewhat? /nopurple?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...fb_small%22%7D

NDSU gets more favorable press, this time from Sports Illustrated. Believe me, players/parents/coaches notice this stuff!
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    Our Transition -
    Bison: Wouldn't it be good to keep the rivalry going?
    Sioux:
    Media: Hey Gene Taylor, can you comment on why UND isn't playing you anymore?
    Gene Taylor: What? We hadn't heard.
    Sioux, via press conference: You are going to have more scholarships than we will. That won't be a fair game and it'll ruin what we've built.
    This is more like it.

Oh, and the forgotten puppy?
    Oops. Except in this case, they tied themselves to the bumper so someone would pull them along.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I would love to see a debate happen here where someone can state a dissenting opinion without (1) trying to trash everyone with an opposing opinion for thinking differently and (2) thinking that they have to justify their dissenting opinion by asserting that "there are many others that think the same way I do". Basically, if you have a differing opinion, great! State it, back it with facts, and respond with respect when your opinion is challenged. If there are others that feel the same way you do, great! Let them express themselves and their opinions as well. If you're going to challenge or disagree with another's opinion, great! Do so! Just don't get butthurt if the other person doesn't instantly see the error of their ways and agree with you.

First rule of the playground: if you're going to give it, be ready to take it.
    You are making way too much sense right now.

Seeing as all you guys who want to play the game are wrong. Lets get this thread back on track. Thread drift is intolerable on Bisonville.

Just finally watched the "When They Were Kings" video. Great stuff. I have to be honest....My favorite part was the basketball stuff. Amy Ruley is/was amazing. All the championships, the streak. But 29 years? wow. I guess I didnt realize that. As a girls basketball coach...I can only hope to have that longevity and a shred of that success.

Love how Rocky refuses to say their name. 'That team in Green and White". Just love that.

Maybe a stupid question, but did it look like Bentrim's right eye was a little dark?

Also...just like Christopher Walken needed more cowbell....this movie needed more CAS.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Oh...and did anyone else notice this? Look over Rocky's left shoulder at the books on his shelf.

The UN_ !!!!!!!!

IMG_20131121_180744_366small.jpg
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Oh...and did anyone else notice this? Look over Rocky's left shoulder at the books on his shelf.

The UN_ !!!!!!!!

................................No...........Fucki ng....................Way......................... ..
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post

The UN_ !!!!!!!!

I think you have way too much time on your hands.

Can this thread and UN_ just go away!