Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    http://skylinesportsmt.com/2019-nati...hip-in-photos/

Some good pictures of the game.

Makes me kinda miss Stick already.

Trey Lance looks a couple of inches taller though, so makes me excited for the future.
    Trey was also wearing the headset during the playoffs and championship game. Anyone else notice that? Tells me he was No. 2 for those games.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Trey was also wearing the headset during the playoffs and championship game. Anyone else notice that? Tells me he was No. 2 for those games.
    To be fair, I thought he was our No. 2 halfway through the regular season, even though the 2 deep didn't reflect that.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bumped into an FCS Dallas official at the game, asked him if the north end zone would be converted to more seating. His response, nope, beer garden. Not sure if that's good or bad.

I noticed that too. Next year is gonna be big for that young man.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Zeb better be ok with riding the pine, Trey is the real deal. If he stays healthy the Bison will be in great shape for four more years.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Gubrud is looking to transfer and get an extra medical redshirt year. Bunnies maybe??? How does Gage feel about playing with head injuries?
    Wow! Looks like this is only possible since Eastern Washington made it to their 15th game of the season

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...mpression=true

......Gubrud, a redshirt senior who played five games in 2018 before sustaining a toe injury on Sept. 29 at Montana State, would still need the NCAA to grant him a sixth season of eligibility, which isn’t necessarily a certainty. To be eligible for a medical redshirt, athletes must compete in no more than one-third of their team’s games. Thanks to EWU’s championship run, the Eagles wound up playing a 15-game season, capped by last Saturday’s 38-24 loss to North Dakota State in the FCS national title game......

Adding to the intrigue, Gubrud and about a dozen FBS assistant coaches and recruiting coordinators recently started following each other on Twitter. Among those schools represented are Washington State – which loses quarterback Gardner Minshew, a grad transfer – Utah, Boise State, Mississippi State and others. The Broncos lose senior quarterback Brett Rypien, a Shadle Park graduate, who holds several Mountain West passing records.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The biggest play called back (think it went for 50) in first half was for 5 players in the backfield—an alignment issue basically—and had no effect on the outcome of the play. There was another, similar call that went for 15-20, again, that had no effect on outcome of play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On both of those plays our DE's were getting mugged and no penalty was called. those non-calls had a direct effect on the outcome of the play.

It was obvious our DE's were way too fast for their lineman to slow down, so their linemen did what all outmatched linemen do, they hold/held.

Yep.........
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    On both of those plays our DE's were getting mugged and no penalty was called. those non-calls had a direct effect on the outcome of the play.

It was obvious our DE's were way too fast for their lineman to slow down, so their linemen did what all outmatched linemen do, they hold/held.
    That wasn’t the point I was making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post

And it was pretty damn obvious too!