Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2018 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    The teams are given ~ 4 weeks between their conference championship and the semifinals. Could easily put another game in the middle of that.
    Unless we go back to the old 16 week done by Christmas schedule, which we never did, not much has changed for the seeded teams.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looking at FCS teams, there are only six teams that would be less than 21 point underdogs on a neutral field.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan2018 View Post
    Cool to think the Bison's would only be under dogs 16 times on a neutral field to 16 FBS teams, only 5 of them favored by more than a TD. Only 10 teams would be favored in the Fargodome, out of those 10 teams only Clemson and Alabama would be favored by more than a TD.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Dabo Sweeny and Saban give NDSU as much cred as we give Mount Union DIII and for good reason. We are the Division II national champions the past 7 of 8 years, and yes, that is something to be proud of. We beat Eastern Washington, yes, 'Eastern' Washington in the national championship. It's the highest honor we can achieve at our status and we should be proud as well. Go Bison!!!!

The big part the FBS misses is that their regular season is NCAA sanctioned. The FBS post-season is not affiliated or sanctioned by the NCAA. Do you ever see NCAA logos or other things at the stadium or in the broadcast. Not really, you might see one here or there. Watch a FCS game, banners, ads, Big Screens are covered in NCAA logos and stuff.

Watch March Madness, NCAA logos everywhere.

Any NCAA logos at the "College Football NC"?

Nope. Not, a, one.

We are THE NCAA Division 1 Football Champs! Hail the Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Dabo Sweeny and Saban give NDSU as much cred as we give Mount Union DIII and for good reason. We are the Division II national champions the past 7 of 8 years, and yes, that is something to be proud of. We beat Eastern Washington, yes, 'Eastern' Washington in the national championship. It's the highest honor we can achieve at our status and we should be proud as well. Go Bison!!!!
    I see your back denigrating Bison football. I am sure the teams in D2 are surprised at this development.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    The big part the FBS misses is that their regular season is NCAA sanctioned. The FBS post-season is not affiliated or sanctioned by the NCAA. Do you ever see NCAA logos or other things at the stadium or in the broadcast. Not really, you might see one here or there. Watch a FCS game, banners, ads, Big Screens are covered in NCAA logos and stuff.

Watch March Madness, NCAA logos everywhere.

Any NCAA logos at the "College Football NC"?

Nope. Not, a, one.

We are THE NCAA Division 1 Football Champs! Hail the Bison!!!
    So? 10char

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Their playoff system is as real as ours. I think they include too few, and we include too many. What's the correct number? Go ask the owl.
    Unless every conference gets an autobid, it's too low. After that you can debate the appropriate number of at large teams.

Otherwise not every conference is really part of the same division.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Unless we go back to the old 16 week done by Christmas schedule, which we never did, not much has changed for the seeded teams.
    I meant FBS could add teams without adding weeks.

FCS could cut teams without reducing weeks. Just more teams would get first week of playoffs off.

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    I meant FBS could add teams without adding weeks.

FCS could cut teams without reducing weeks. Just more teams would get first week of playoffs off.
    yeah I was referring to the earlier comment about too many teams in FCS. Since the first week is a play in anyway, the number of teams doesn't hurt the schedule.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't want to start a new thread. Massey has the stats up for the '19 season. Yeah I know, it's based mostly as last year but still kinda fun to look ahead. Only close one according to Massey is SDSU at 72% chance for us. Butler is 100% but UN_ is only 99%. JMU is only ranked 7th, kinda surprising too.

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5545&s=308075

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf2019/fcs/ratings

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

ranked 26th overall