Page 55 of 111 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Ya, I'm sure he would celebrate with cartwheels if the Bison flipped a Gopher recruit

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I can picture it now. He goes on the Gopher Report radio podcast and tells their fans he hopes a player flips to the Bison.

Also in the latest Bison Report podcast he called us a "Non D1" offer and said he would love for Klieman to become the next Gopher coach. (before Fleck was hired)

It's crap and for that reason alone I will not be renewing. FTS.
    Wanting Klieman is complimentary and doesn't bother me so much, but I empathize with your overall gist.

geezus herdbot. shut up. seriously. scout has given us so mucb information on ndsu recruit its not even funny.

gophers will be going after 3-4 star recruits from here on out.

id say maybe 1 or 2 a year MAYBE is a conflict between Minnesota & NDSU

get a grip.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Malik Lofton Hopkins. Just watch this 1st play https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/189007 He takes a screen, gets wrapped up by 4-5 maple grove tacklers and breaks it for a touchdown.

NDSU isn't on his offer sheet on rivals anymore, which if true is a travesty. This kid should be a slamdunk with Marcus Williams as a prototype Hopkins kid!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In fact, I would encourage every Bison fan to cancel after recruiting season is done.
    Good luck. I called tons of times to try to cancel my subscription and their office wasn't open when they said they would be, it probably took me 5-10 calls to get an answer at their call center. They should just be respectable and let you cancel online.
    Hail Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Ryan Burns is the publisher of both GopherIllustrated and the Bison Report on Scout. He is clearly a huge Gopher fan. He interviews players being recruited by both programs and he clearly has inside information on the recruiting strategies of both programs.

Question for Bison fans: do you think Burns has a conflict of interest?
    There is absolutely no conflict of interest for me. I'm in charge of running two businesses. One for Minnesota and one for North Dakota State.

Yes. He not only has a conflict of interest, he's taking our money and laughing at us. And then he publicly begs the Gophers to flip our players on the Bison Report podcast. That's two years in a row. It rubs me the wrong way and I know I'm not the only one. In fact, I would encourage every Bison fan to cancel after recruiting season is done. The quality of the content has declined after he got subscribers. John Neis does a great job and he does it for free without feeding inside info.

Edit. I've got 5 positive reps in about 5 minutes after posting this
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

I've thought highly of Gindorff's abilities since I saw him live in March, and thought he was a high ceiling kid. Just meant that as a compliment for NDSU fans, but apparently it wasn't taken that way.

Burns is so disconnected from recruiting outside of Minnesota (Gophers territory) that he didn't realize we got a verbal out of South Dakota until "BisonJay" tipped him off.
    That recruit committed on Thursday, and told me he didn't want it out there on social media because he wants to announce on his own. So I didn't talk about until Jay mentioned it on the BisonReport.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBurns View Post
    There is absolutely no conflict of interest for me. I'm in charge of running two businesses. One for Minnesota and one for North Dakota State.
    LOL when both businesses are in the same business that is the definition of COI.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanBurns View Post
    Uh huh. Ok, so if possible, answer honestly: Would you be personally glad to see any current NDSU verbals flipped to the Gophers?