Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: x a possible candidate for y job

Default Re: Klieman a possible candidate for Gophers job

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Considering he did this when he went to WMU, I don't think the gophers recruiting situation is settled in the least.

From his wiki
    One of Fleck's first actions as head coach was to rescind scholarship offers to incoming players who had verbally committed to Western Michigan. The withdraws occurred weeks before the national signing day, and left players unable to arrange other Division I scholarships as slots were already filled at other schools. "I know if it was me, I would be ticked," Fleck said of the players who had scholarship offers pulled. "I also know if it was me, I would have showed up in the office of the head football coach, telling him I was dying to still be here.
    He is already having his assistants calling for him and cutting Minnesota recruits. He is a real class act.
    http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...erry-Decommits
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    He is already having his assistants calling for him and cutting Minnesota recruits. He is a real class act.
    http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...erry-Decommits
    A message board for a source nice
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    With links to a recruits post about the situation.

Doesn't sound like elite behavior to me.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Given Fleck's past behavior I think that the probability of the kid's tweet being a lie is pretty low.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Considering he did this when he went to WMU, I don't think the gophers recruiting situation is settled in the least.

From his wiki
    One of Fleck's first actions as head coach was to rescind scholarship offers to incoming players who had verbally committed to Western Michigan. The withdraws occurred weeks before the national signing day, and left players unable to arrange other Division I scholarships as slots were already filled at other schools. "I know if it was me, I would be ticked," Fleck said of the players who had scholarship offers pulled. "I also know if it was me, I would have showed up in the office of the head football coach, telling him I was dying to still be here.
    Being an adult and having that future hindsight vision is a wonderful thing to have. But all hes doing is playing a game with a bunch of 17-18 years old that just got there world turned upside down thinking they just lost a scholarship to a school that just sold them down the river and they now have no place to go. This is pretty low shit for any coach to do.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Being an adult and having that future hindsight vision is a wonderful thing to have. But all hes doing is playing a game with a bunch of 17-18 years old that just got there world turned upside down thinking they just lost a scholarship to a school that just sold them down the river and they now have no place to go. This is pretty low shit for any coach to do.
    Exactually. Hes asking the kids to be more adult than he is. Is he saying a kid from Florida should fly up here to check if he still has a scholorship? Yeah, that sounds easy
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The more I learn about Fleck the less I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    The more I learn about Fleck the less I like him.
    Should be a good fit for the Gophers.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Should be a good fit for the Gophers.
    Precisely. This guy is Brewster 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Precisely. This guy is Brewster 2.0.
    I wouldn't go that far...he has shown success. Brewster didn't do anything...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]