Page 335 of 390 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 3897

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon 9.5.2020

How much is everyone paying for tickets?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    How much is everyone paying for tickets?
    $0. I'm someone's client and they're getting me some great seats. I guess I need to throw another bone his direction. (He's an NDSU grad as well.)
    Insert something clever here...

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    $0. I'm someone's client and they're getting me some great seats. I guess I need to throw another bone his direction. (He's an NDSU grad as well.)
    What you do with your bones is nobody's else's business. It's 2020 and you can do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    There is a reason that only Sagarin attempts to blend FCS into their analytics models. It’s very difficult because of the available samples are so small which makes the results very spotty. Maybe that’s the case and it becomes evident in September but if it was so easy to say why doesn’t FEI or SP+ have FCS included in their models?
    As pointed out elsewhere, this is not correct. Massey also shows FBS and FCS together on the same scale. I'm guessing there are other lesser known computer models that also include all of D-I on the same scale.

Also consider that IF Sagarin and Massey are not reliable in FBS vs FCS relative ratings, then why is it that these computer models still accurately predict the winner of games roughly 75% of the time, even in FBS vs FCS match ups?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncommon.Name View Post
    Oregon plays FCS (Division I-AA) nearly every season as warm-up. I think they know the level of talent.
    Ha ha ha! As was pointed out elsewhere... maybe Oregon knows the level of talent they've faced when playing other FCS teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncommon.Name View Post
    Exactly. I'm not disputing NDSU isn't heads and shoulders about the rest of the FCS but there is an obvious gap from FCS to FBS. Just like there is a gap between P5 and most non-P5 schools in FBS.
    Ha ha ha! If you are talking about the "average" FCS team vs the "average" FBS team, sure. I don't think anyone will doubt that. But the way you have written this, it implies that there is a gap between the best teams in the FCS and the lowest teams of the FBS, which is asinine. The best FCS teams can generally play fairly competitively against many of the bottom half of P5 teams, let alone G5. So it is disingenuous to suggest that there is a "gap" of any sort between the sub-divisions. It's more of a continuum that blends together quite a bit in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Oregon will play the equivalent of a G5 team. That is a fact.
    Equivalent of a G5 team? I dunno. Maybe better stated as an FCS team that could beat all but a handful of G5 teams and many P5 teams. Maybe the equivalent of a top 30-ish FBS team?

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Ha ha ha! As was pointed out elsewhere... maybe Oregon knows the level of talent they've faced when playing other FCS teams.

Ha ha ha! If you are talking about the "average" FCS team vs the "average" FBS team, sure. I don't think anyone will doubt that. But the way you have written this, it implies that there is a gap between the best teams in the FCS and the lowest teams of the FBS, which is asinine. The best FCS teams can generally play fairly competitively against many of the bottom half of P5 teams, let alone G5. So it is disingenuous to suggest that there is a "gap" of any sort between the sub-divisions. It's more of a continuum that blends together quite a bit in the middle.

Equivalent of a G5 team? I dunno. Maybe better stated as an FCS team that could beat all but a handful of G5 teams and many P5 teams. Maybe the equivalent of a top 30-ish FBS team?
    Coach said this today,

"We're all about Oregon right now, not any opponent, but understanding everything we do now will have a direct reflection on how we show up against North Dakota State on the opening day, and the rest of the season."

He is taking you seriously.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Coach said this today,

"We're all about Oregon right now, not any opponent, but understanding everything we do now will have a direct reflection on how we show up against North Dakota State on the opening day, and the rest of the season."

I don't know that anyone really thinks the coaches aren't going to take NDSU seriously, but getting the players to not overlook us is a whole other story. They can say all the right things, but it's also pretty easy for them to look at Montana and think "they're a top 5-6 team in FCS, which means they'll be comparable to what we face against NDSU."

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coach said this today,

He may well be.

Are your 4 star recruits, who have Ohio State coming to town the next week?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    He may well be.

Are your 4 star recruits, who have Ohio State coming to town the next week?
    He has completely changed the focus of this team. So, yes, I believe they are. It’s also not coach speak but he is talking about NDSU to boosters in private conversations. NDSU has his full attention and he will make sure the team does as well.

Coach said this today,

Good. I wouldn't expect anything less. And neither will the Bison players.

It's going to be a hard fought game. By all rights, Oregon should win, but it won't be a cake walk. Even with Cox out of the equation on the NDSU side.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk