Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2017 WBB Recruiting Summary

Default Re: 2017 WBB Recruiting Summary

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Maggie Manson going to UND. Did we recruit her? Her dad played at NDSU. We can't even get kids in town to play here. I don't blame her. Who would want to go here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, NDSU did not recruit her. Absolutely embarrassing too.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I do not know Maggie or ever seen her play. I will just make an observation. We have people say local kids won't come here because we are not good and we have people say local kids are not good enough to help us win. So which is it? We want local flavor on the team or do we want to win? Looking for the answer.
    I don't think the quality of local talent has been that great recently. The creme of the crop is going to the winning programs (SDSU/USD) even UND struggled this season. Need to expand the recruiting footprint IMO.

Jeff and Dom touched on this a little bit too but the better girls get scooped up and most of the second tier either play VB or don't even bother at the next level. Womens juco is a joke from what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Maggie Manson going to UND. Did we recruit her? Her dad played at NDSU. We can't even get kids in town to play here. I don't blame her. Who would want to go here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This.

I do not know Maggie or ever seen her play. I will just make an observation. We have people say local kids won't come here because we are not good and we have people say local kids are not good enough to help us win. So which is it? We want local flavor on the team or do we want to win? Looking for the answer.
    Having a few local/state players is important for team chemistry because the in state kids actually care. However, you can't have a team of all RUDY's or you will suck. Of course the best of both worlds is to keep the legitimate in state talent (guys like Dex in MBB) who are talented and have heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    No, NDSU did not recruit her. Absolutely embarrassing too.
    Sums up her coaching tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I don't think the quality of local talent has been that great recently. The creme of the crop is going to the winning programs (SDSU/USD) even UND struggled this season. Need to expand the recruiting footprint IMO.

Jeff and Dom touched on this a little bit too but the better girls get scooped up and most of the second tier either play VB or don't even bother at the next level. Womens juco is a joke from what I hear.
    With basketball, you only need 5 players. Walseth and Dave Richman seem to limit there recruiting to ONLY ND, SD, MN, and Wisconsin, no mattter what the talent level is. Seems like they have a quota from certain areas. There are 50 states to recruit from, transfers, and JUCO's. When we were really good on the MBB side, we had guys like Kory Brown, Braun, LA, and Tray who were all outside of our small recruiting footprint. Plus guys like Bjorkland were actually great Minnesota players who are much more talented.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

There is a 8th grader from Minot to keep an eye on - Leelee Bell (6 foot guard). She had 30 today against Bismarck in 2nd round of WDA. Going to be great battle between her and Nissley of Century tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    There is a 8th grader from Minot to keep an eye on - Leelee Bell (6 foot guard). She had 30 today against Bismarck in 2nd round of WDA. Going to be great battle between her and Nissley of Century tomorrow night.
    Grafton has a very athletic player (junior) already committed to SD! Sure did miss out on her

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Grafton has a very athletic player (junior) already committed to SD! Sure did miss out on her
    Walker Demers- She is going past UND/NDSU and SDSU to go to USD. I get players want to go to winning programs. But it sure would be nice to keep some at home. She is a really good player. Where is Abby D. from Kindred going?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Walker Demers- She is going past UND/NDSU and SDSU to go to USD. I get players want to go to winning programs. But it sure would be nice to keep some at home. She is a really good player. Where is Abby D. from Kindred going?
    She is playing softball at Alabama.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I believe Walker Demers was looking for a medical school. She chose correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVifte View Post
    She is playing softball at Alabama.
    Abby is a phenomenal softball player, related to my wife. she could've played anywhere in country.

Also a 8th grader at kindred Laela Eidenschink had 13 in their 1st state game she is gonna be good. her uncle is Donny Schatz so her & tein sister both race too
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Abby is a phenomenal softball player, related to my wife. she could've played anywhere in country.

Also a 8th grader at kindred Laela Eidenschink had 13 in their 1st state game she is gonna be good. her uncle is Donny Schatz so her & tein sister both race too
    Damn, I guess her grandma is off limits.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk