Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter Werner

Default Re: Dexter Werner

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    Is there s specific coach that works with post players?
    Coach Henderson

I had a lot of fun watching young Mr. Werner. In case you didn't see it, this is the column from John Blanchette, a Spokane newspaper institution: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-werner-along/

"Tyrannesaurus Dex."

Catch you next year. This team should go into the season with a lot of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by hushpuppy View Post
    I had a lot of fun watching young Mr. Werner. In case you didn't see it, this is the column from John Blanchette, a Spokane newspaper institution: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-werner-along/

"Tyrannesaurus Dex."

Catch you next year. This team should go into the season with a lot of confidence.
    Lol. Except Dex has abnormally long arms not short.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

http://www.spokesman.com/zags/storie...ves-zags-fits/

Bison-sized Werner gives Zags fits

SEATTLE – With more buzzer-beaters, upsets and general madness soon to come, college basketball fans won’t long remember a No. 15 seed from a game that ended after midnight in the Eastern time zone.

But it should be acknowledged when this is all over that one of the NCAA tournament’s most inspiring performances came courtesy of a previously unimposing player on a supposedly unthreatening team.

Nice article in the Fargo Forum today about Werner being a inspiration for others for scoring 22 points against 3 giants.

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Last years NCAA run was LA's coming out party. Maybe this years is Dex's.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    Last years NCAA run was LA's coming out party. Maybe this years is Dex's.
    Sometimes getting over the mental hurdle is more important than physical attributes
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Great. A gay dinosaur with long arms.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/g...e-in-the-game/

From the article: Said Gonzaga forward Kyle Wiltjer: “I’d pick him up any day. For a men’s league team, he’s going to be really good.”

What an incredibly insulting thing to say about an opposing player after he just dropped 22 points on you, and went 10-14 from the field.

Screw you Kyle Wiltjer. You will probably go to the NBA, but you will always be an asshole.
    Another article had Wiltjer saying "I'd pick him up for my men's league team." Sounds like one of the reporters got the quote wrong, so I'm not sure it was an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/g...e-in-the-game/

From the article: Said Gonzaga forward Kyle Wiltjer: “I’d pick him up any day. For a men’s league team, he’s going to be really good.”

What an incredibly insulting thing to say about an opposing player after he just dropped 22 points on you, and went 10-14 from the field.

Screw you Kyle Wiltjer. You will probably go to the NBA, but you will always be an asshole.
    Dexter had a super game and we even had a Gonzaga fan cheering for NDSU during the game at my house.

I *think* you may have taken Wiltjer's comment. It probably should have read: I'd pick him up any day for a men's league team." College BB players don't get to choose who they play with. In a men's league you do. Saying you want someone on your team is a compliment. There are some very good men's league teams around here made up of college players after their overseas basketball careers have ended.

Heck our last club team included: Corey Violette. Zach Gourde and Blake Stepp, all of whom played for Gonzaga.