Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Get the Bison Tracker App on your smartphone and track your trip to Frisco!!!

Default Re: Get the Bison Tracker App on your smartphone and track your trip to Frisco!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Android friends; commence Apple bashing, now.
    ^^^^^^^^^^this
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Default Re: Get the Bison Tracker App on your smartphone and track your trip to Frisco!!!

I have an android phone. The app (version 4.19) has the Frisco tab but clicking it I just get "coming soon". I know it updated a day or two ago because it took forever. What gives?
    Last edited by westnodak93bison; 01-08-2015 at 12:35 AM.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I have an android phone. The app (version 4.19) has the Frisco tab but clicking it I just get "coming soon". I know it updated a day or two ago because it took forever. What gives?
    I pushed the 4.19 update to help me test. 4.19 has the code to upload your position, but the UI display wasn't done. I tested the position code while I finished the UI.

You need version 4.20, which has been available as an update on Android for a few days now. It is the finished version.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Not sure how its working. I just looked and it is showing updates for Wed 8 AM, 10AM, noon and 2PM.
    I switched to "travel mode" this morning. Before that, I was showing every single user. When I switched, it now only displays dots for devices that have moved at least 50 miles. That helps weed out the "noise" and gives a more accurate view of the people actually travelling.

I was displaying all dots before Wednesday, because no one would have been travelling and the display would have been almost blank. (Except for a few random people who just happened to be driving to the cities for the weekend ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Oh that's right. The app owner said it has been submitted to Apple for a while but they are backed up with approving app changes. I think they were hoping it would be approved on Monday. Apparently that didn't happen.
    I have been working directly with Apple in an escalated mode. They have granted "expedited" processing, but it still hasn't gone through. Apple can be very slow with these things. They are quite anal.

On a related note, I have gotten a request from ESPN (via NDSU Athletic department) to get graphics showing the river of green dots animation. They plan on showing the fan migration during the game to visualize the NDSU fanbase. That helped me convince Apple to expedite.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    It seems unless you start the app every hour it doesnt track, at least that was my test and maybe im wrong on how it works but i started it and was in an area that didnt have any nearby fans and all day i was there never got a green dot to load up so not sure exactly how is works. if I remember right you used to be able to start it once and it tracked you?? I guess I really dont care either way at this point

And as of right now there are WAY less green dots compared to the past 3-4 days, dont get how that can happen
    Android and iPhone will work a little different for tracking. The app will generally track you if the app is running, either in the foreground or the background, sending up your position about every 30 minutes. However, Android may "unload" the app from memory if it feels like it. So the only real way to ensure tracking is to launch the app once in a while.

iOS will only send up a tracking location when you are actually running the app. So you absolutely need to launch the app once in a while.

I commented on the dots in a different response. Short version is that I am now only showing dots that have "moved" at least 50 miles. Helps keep the noise down so you can see the migration better. Also helps keep down the volume of data that I have to download for the animation function.

Working well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    So the strobe is gone, are they going to replace it. I would flash it Scheels Arena for BB...grrr
    The strobe will return right after Frisco... nobody messes with the mighty STROBE!

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post

Wish list: I use the player screen all the time, I wouldn't mind having the home town/school the player came from.
    I actually added a map with player hometowns to the Android version a few weeks ago. Hasn't made it to iPhone yet. Thanks for the feedback!

Must be frustrating to be at the whims of Apple. Thanks.