Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Gateway

Default Re: Gateway

All of this is partly made possible by us leaving the Mid-Con...kinda makes a Crusader feel good, as I like to see the mid-majors flourish.

Thanks for the opportunity valpotx...

Quote Originally Posted by mn-bison
    Thanks for the opportunity valpotx...

I can't tell if that was a sarcastic comment or not, but I was not taking credit for everything. *Just saying that it makes us feel good that us leaving opened a door for another "mid-major" to succeed. *We would have felt bad if the Mid-Con folded, or lost any auto-bids. *

broke_back_mnt Guest

I certainly hope this means we will get the honor of a BB game since you dont play scholarship football teams anymore. It would be a great home/home, you sold out the Fabulous Fargo Dome!

Quote Originally Posted by JBB
    I certainly hope this means we will get the honor of a BB game since you dont play scholarship football teams anymore. *It would be a great home/home, you sold out the Fabulous Fargo Dome!
    Glad we could give some playing time to your reserves in football :-) !

broke_back_mnt Guest

Hey, lol, it was a big game in Fargo and you did win. You won big name recognition and we should capitalize on that! 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by JBB
    Hey, lol, it was a big game in Fargo and you did win. *You won big name recognition and we should capitalize on that! * 8-)
    I'm quite sure we will play you guys at some point, as we have in other sports. My baseball team (I played at VU until 2004) played against you guys, and it was a good/close series. We recruit quite heavily in the upper Midwest for most sports, so it would only help both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by valpotx
    All of this is partly made possible by us leaving the Mid-Con...kinda makes a Crusader feel good, as I like to see the mid-majors flourish.
    That is definitely true... Valpo's leaving the Mid-Con made a lot of things possible for NDSU.

kchats Guest

As Jeff Kolpack says one thing NDSU and SDSU learned in the transition and search for a conference is to get an invite somebody needs to leave. Thank you Valparaiso for providing NDSU, SDSU and IPFW the opportunity to find a conference home and a home in the Gateway in a round about way.

The big thing is when can we get a basketball game against Valpo? * :-?

For everyone who would like us to see us play UND in football year in and year out consider the following:

Do the following teams play each other every year?

1) *Iowa and Iowa State
    2) *Colorado and Colorado State
    3) *Oklahoma and Oklahoma State

If they don't then why is it a requirement that we not schedule Cal Poly or UC Davis in favor of them? *