Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Youngstown State

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Thanks.

I'm still wondering why. And I'll go back to original post about this. Is it because of fumbles or something else? I do not know and am curious, as a feel Chase is a very good change of pace and runs more physically than JC. I personally would like to have seem more of him in UNI game because of how physical the game was. If another team is playing physical and we aren't matching, give them some of their own if you don't want to make adjustments to game plan is what I am getting at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try emailing a coach if you're wanting a legitimate answer. We can speculate all day about what's going on, but that's not going to really answer your question.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 11>1 View Post
    Try emailing a coach if you're wanting a legitimate answer. We can speculate all day about what's going on, but that's not going to really answer your question.
    You're right. Just thought those who otherwise post about all that they know would have some insight. My bad.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Thanks.

If another team is playing physical and we aren't matching, give them some of their own if you don't want to make adjustments to game plan is what I am getting at.

I agree....

Different sport but...my girls teams were often far more talented than their competition, but far more feminine. I'd get pretty frustrated when the refs would let us get beat up. Finally, one tournament, my two stars had to come out from brutal cheap shots. I told the girls, I don't want you to intentionally hurt anyone, but you need to play like they are. It wasn't 30 seconds later both of the problems on the other team were done for the night, with no fouls called.

Bison football is about hitting so damn hard the competition decides winning isn't really that important to them.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You're right. Just thought those who otherwise post about all that they know would have some insight. My bad.

Understandable. But do you think anyone in the program is going to say they're limiting his carries because he fumbles too much? Doubt it.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    I agree....

Different sport but...my girls teams were often far more talented than their competition, but far more feminine. I'd get pretty frustrated when the refs would let us get beat up. Finally, one tournament, my two stars had to come out from brutal cheap shots. I told the girls, I don't want you to intentionally hurt anyone, but you need to play like they are. It wasn't 30 seconds later both of the problems on the other team were done for the night, with no fouls called.

Bison football is about hitting so damn hard the competition decides winning isn't really that important to them.
    I enjoyed this post!!

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by 11>1 View Post
    Understandable. But do you think anyone in the program is going to say they're limiting his carries because he fumbles too much? Doubt it.
    Idk. But y not? Nothing wrong with letting a player know you expect more of them because you (coaches) know they have more ability. Don't like saying it, but I recall vividly watching a Roger Thomas football show back in the day and him saying on TV that he and staff expected better play out of their QB. I know times have changed a bit, but I believe it's ok to pressure a player, especially the kind that we certainly have. They will accept a challenge, and we should appreciate that.

Maybe CM is fumbling in practice to and had lost some confidence. Again, IDK, but something has changed for him not to be getting carries he once was earlier this year.

I'll let it go, but it makes me go Hmmmm, cuz he was a contributor (think ISU back breaker run).

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

I like the change of pace. Last couple years it seemed like in some games Sam would kinda struggle to get going and then Crockett would come in and bust off some nice runs. Sam would come back in and before you knew it both would have great games. They would feed off each other and break the defense.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

Fumbles may be part of the problem with Morlock, especially in big situations. However, his big run against Iowa State was when we were running out the clock. I'd imagine he gets a lot of carries next year when JC graduates.

Off topic, but will there ever be a running back at NDSU that fumbled more than Roehl?

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Interesting that he says they are going to start recruiting Wisconsin and Chicago more. And it's 11 not 10 buddy. It is also interesting that their players were only getting one meal on campus.