Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My expert analysis of the Fargo experience

Default My expert analysis of the Fargo experience

First I would like to thank all Bison fans....I had a blast and everyone I met was very nice and a lot of fun. All the bullshit I heard about how arrogant and aggressive your fan base is couldn't be further from the truth. It was a very similar game day experience as in Missoula...both great tailgating scenes and enthusiasm.

One thing that blew me away was that the Fargodome doesn't allow fans out at halftime to keep the drunk buzz going...that's a major killer. In Missoula at halftime the stadium clears out to get drunk again at half..its a life saver. I was crashing toward the end of the 4th haha. Also with all the money in ND, theres gotta be a booster to pump a million bucks into getting new jumbo trons in the Dome for replays?

The dome experience is very cool, the pregame with the lights off is a cool sight to see. I love the thing the crowd/student section does when the band played wipeout....very neat.

The noise level between the Dome and Wa-Griz are two very different types of deafening. In Missoula you get more of a suffocating loud that is amplified by the surrounding mountains, it makes it sound like 100,000 Huns are coming down the Hellgate Canyon...where as in the Dome it is a deafening annoying loud...like sounds bouncing off metal and cement it actually hurts your ears...which one is louder is a definite toss up...both awesome experiences.

But again thank you for the hospitality, and the good game between two of the best programs in the FCS...cant wait to return the favors next year.

Default Re: My expert analysis of the Fargo experience

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsGrizFan View Post
    Also with all the money in ND, theres gotta be a booster to pump a million bucks into getting new jumbo trons in the Dome for replays?
    NICE POST ~ Glad you enjoyed yourself! Couldn't agree with you more about the jumbotrons... I mean, minitrons!

I agree, and nice post. We are just lucky to have those things, I remember games there without them.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsGrizFan View Post
    First I would like to thank all Bison fans....I had a blast and everyone I met was very nice and a lot of fun. All the bullshit I heard about how arrogant and aggressive your fan base is couldn't be further from the truth. It was a very similar game day experience as in Missoula...both great tailgating scenes and enthusiasm.

One thing that blew me away was that the Fargodome doesn't allow fans out at halftime to keep the drunk buzz going...that's a major killer. In Missoula at halftime the stadium clears out to get drunk again at half..its a life saver. I was crashing toward the end of the 4th haha. Also with all the money in ND, theres gotta be a booster to pump a million bucks into getting new jumbo trons in the Dome for replays?

The dome experience is very cool, the pregame with the lights off is a cool sight to see. I love the thing the crowd/student section does when the band played wipeout....very neat.

The noise level between the Dome and Wa-Griz are two very different types of deafening. In Missoula you get more of a suffocating loud that is amplified by the surrounding mountains, it makes it sound like 100,000 Huns are coming down the Hellgate Canyon...where as in the Dome it is a deafening annoying loud...like sounds bouncing off metal and cement it actually hurts your ears...which one is louder is a definite toss up...both awesome experiences.

But again thank you for the hospitality, and the good game between two of the best programs in the FCS...cant wait to return the favors next year.
    Glad to hear you had a good time! A couple notes about the bold (and someone else can chime in on this as well):

Assuming you were in the Griz section...the corners (by open concourse) tend to be a bit more quiet sans student section area due to the open SRO areas...with exception of the higher pitched noise in most cases. The more central/lower you get towards the field, the more lower frequency you get on top of it. That's just my experience anyway.

Great post; I know you got hard core into smack, but just want to touch on a couple of your key points so you are aware:

1. NDSU has some of the most draconian/stupid tailgating rules in the country. It is what it is and complaining seems to do no good.
    2. The video boards are a joke. It has been a regular problem getting updates in the Dome done. The Dome is owned by the City, and for some reason, things that are important to NDSU, their most important and most lucrative tenant, are not important to them. See updating lighting for HD and the turf history. The turf one was particularly embarrassing.
    3. The Wipeout thing is ancient. I have no idea just how far back it goes, but can assure you we did in way back in the early 90's.
    4. I am looking forward to visiting Missoula next year. Anything beats the drive from Sioux Falls to Fargo.....

Quote Originally Posted by loudsilverado View Post
    I agree, and nice post. We are just lucky to have those things, I remember games there without them.
    Yes, I remember too, but my goodness, these are no so outdated I find it quite embarrassing. Even the one display at CAS is better than anything NDSU has.

Maybe they can get rid of the blue and white "how you doin?" signs on the concourse above some of the doors.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Very nice post. Couldn't agree more on the mini trons. Time to move into the 21st century.

The FFD needs major upgrades imo, but it won't ever happen.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

Being able to go drink at halftime would be a life savior

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk