Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul to Ohio

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Saul to Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Apples to oranges comparison. Bohl had to make a decision during the season.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    And in the end, both chose to leave North Dakota State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bohl had a great run at NDSU. But I think it was in NDSU's best interest also for him to move on after last season. I just get the feeling that this change will be healthy for NDSU, and that the time was right for a change. My intuition says that Bohl and NDSU parting ways after 3 straight championiship and a couple Eddie's is the right move to refresh NDSUs football program.

I did not have the same concerns about Saul needing to leave in the best interest of the NDSU program. Saul staying would have been good for NDSU, but leaving was good for Saul.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    And in the end, both chose to leave North Dakota State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please tell me when both guys were going to be hotter. Especially Bohl.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I am done now is CAZ classic line. I find it comical when he has nothing more to offer.

I have had this discussion for 6 months now, I have had it with Simmers, Lynn dorn and very briefly with the President. Here is your opportunity to raise money. Finally, and I heard this through an alumni association member, they are going to look at the under the radar alumni that aren't giving. contact them, meet with them, give them a reason to give.

Beating Oklahoma on a national stage gives the foundation a bump up, but you need to continue the trend. Its not done.

I would venture the tailgate group I subscribe to spends more on their tailgate operation, than they do Bison Athletics. You can walk around the west lot and find many like that. Are they bad fans? nope. They just don't don't contribute to the athletics side. There is your market.
    I found this .... it's a quote from Teague at Minnesota about fundraising for a practice facility
    "It's going really well it's just not really public right now," said Teague. "We're doing a lot of behind-the-scenes fundraising. We'll announce soon as far as the campaign going live. That's kind of the fundraising world and how things work. We're in the silent phase right now. Fundraising takes time. You don't just go out and ask somebody for a million dollars. You have to cultivate them. You have to show them vision and show them the process. It's going very well. I feel very good about it. I wanted it done yesterday and that's the only thing I don't feel good about. It just takes awhile."

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I found this .... it's a quote from Teague at Minnesota about fundraising for a practice facility
    "It's going really well it's just not really public right now," said Teague. "We're doing a lot of behind-the-scenes fundraising. We'll announce soon as far as the campaign going live. That's kind of the fundraising world and how things work. We're in the silent phase right now. Fundraising takes time. You don't just go out and ask somebody for a million dollars. You have to cultivate them. You have to show them vision and show them the process. It's going very well. I feel very good about it. I wanted it done yesterday and that's the only thing I don't feel good about. It just takes awhile."
    And this is how organizations have millions before the 'fundraising' begins. Saw it at oak grove. Needed 10 mil and over half raised before they were publicly raising it. Behind the scenes is exactally that.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I am done now is CAZ classic line. I find it comical when he has nothing more to offer.

I have had this discussion for 6 months now, I have had it with Simmers, Lynn dorn and very briefly with the President. Here is your opportunity to raise money. Finally, and I heard this through an alumni association member, they are going to look at the under the radar alumni that aren't giving. contact them, meet with them, give them a reason to give.

Beating Oklahoma on a national stage gives the foundation a bump up, but you need to continue the trend. Its not done.

I would venture the tailgate group I subscribe to spends more on their tailgate operation, than they do Bison Athletics. You can walk around the west lot and find many like that. Are they bad fans? nope. They just don't don't contribute to the athletics side. There is your market.

. Its not like you dont know where to write a check to. Thats a shame your group is riding on the coat tails of the donors who are doing the heavy lifting. The fact you seem to take pleasure in that is strange to say the least.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    [/B]

. Its not like you dont know where to write a check to. Thats a shame your group is riding on the coat tails of the donors who are doing the heavy lifting. The fact you seem to take pleasure in that is strange to say the least.
    you very obviously have not followed along in this conversation and your comment is rude PL..... I'd say if there is that kind of money out there and team makers hasn't cultivated that relationship they have failed...

you very obviously have not followed along in this conversation and your comment is rude PL..... I'd say if there is that kind of money out there and team makers hasn't cultivated that relationship they have failed...
    In this particular case they havent cultivated a relationship. WHY? We dont know what these big wheels want in return. We have only heard one side of the story.
    And you would be incorrect as I have been following and no I dont think I was rude. I was being very matter of fact on the subject because for someone to flat out declare they dont give and spend more money on tailgate irks me.

Reasons for giving are subjective. I give because I want to. Not because somebody is stroking my johnson. I give because I took away from my time at NDSU more than I could ever pay in return. My donations have no strings attached. Except that NDSU be represented well by the student athletes and its staff. Not only of the field but in the classroom and the community. Its has nothing to do with wins in the win column. Its about supporting a program.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    In this particular case they havent cultivated a relationship. WHY? We dont know what these big wheels want in return. We have only heard one side of the story.
    And you would be incorrect as I have been following and no I dont think I was rude. I was being very matter of fact on the subject because for someone to flat out declare they dont give and spend more money on tailgate irks me.

Reasons for giving are subjective. I give because I want to. Not because somebody is stroking my johnson. I give because I took away from my time at NDSU more than I could ever pay in return. My donations have no strings attached. Except that NDSU be represented well by the student athletes and its staff. Not only of the field but in the classroom and the community. Its has nothing to do with wins in the win column. Its about supporting a program.
    And because that's how you see it it's the only way? Or right?
    As a former player you have a very different perspective ....
    At any rate remember it's not what you meant to say it's how it's percieved

And because that's how you see it it's the only way? Or right?
    As a former player you have a very different perspective ....
    At any rate remember it's not what you meant to say it's how it's percieved
    The way you perceived it may be totally different than someone else is that not true?
    I also never said my view point is the only option. But thanks for playing.