Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Jones

Default Re: Jeff Jones

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    He had that offer before his senior year, right? There is no chance he could have qualified academically at Minnesota with his ACT scores.

The fact is our school can take kids with an 18 on his ACTs. Minnesota won't. No complaints here!!!
    During an interview with Paul Allen right before the draft, Marcus said he became eligible and the MN staff under Brewster would only give him a preferred walk on offer. So Marcus WAS good enough to get into MN. The former MN coaching staff missed on him (among many others).

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    During an interview with Paul Allen right before the draft, Marcus said he became eligible and the MN staff under Brewster would only give him a preferred walk on offer. So Marcus WAS good enough to get into MN. The former MN coaching staff missed on him (among many others).
    So after Marcus sat out a year at ndsu Brewster called him up and offered a PWO? Ok...

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    You mean the Marcus Williams that ran back a interception for a TD against the Goofs? That one?
    Also, the Marcus Williams who ran back Heagle's lateral for a TD to end the first half? That one?

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Also, the Marcus Williams who ran back Heagle's lateral for a TD to end the first half? That one?
    He could be talking about the M Williams who had that interception at K State...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

No, You have it wrong again Pee Lover. Marcus indicated in the interview that he did become eligible to get into MN before the start of his freshman football year but MN only offered a walk on. Paul Allen lamented the missed opportunity for MN to have Marcus and your star safety playing together for MN during his college career. Also Kill was your coach after Williams Freshman year (not Brewster).

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    No, You have it wrong again Pee Lover. Marcus indicated in the interview that he did become eligible to get into MN before the start of his freshman football year but MN only offered a walk on. Paul Allen lamented the missed opportunity for MN to have Marcus and your star safety playing together for MN during his college career. Also Kill was your coach after Williams Freshman year (not Brewster).
    Meeting NCAA eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission into any specific sports college. It simply means that you will be eligible to compete in intercollegiate athletics for an NCAA member institution in any division in which you meet the requirements. Marcus wasn't getting into Minnesota. Minnesota has there own requirements just like Wisconsin, northwestern, Michigan. You're an idiot If you think getting into ndsu means a kid has a green light to get into any college.

Jerry kill's first season as head coach was 2011...2 yrs after Marcus enrolled to NDSU. So Marcus should have been working on sophomore/junior year depending on his credits.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    Meeting NCAA eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission into any specific sports college. It simply means that you will be eligible to compete in intercollegiate athletics for an NCAA member institution in any division in which you meet the requirements. Marcus wasn't getting into Minnesota. Minnesota has there own requirements just like Wisconsin, northwestern, Michigan. You're an idiot If you think getting into ndsu means a kid has a green light to get into any college.

Jerry kill's first season as head coach was 2011...2 yrs after Marcus enrolled to NDSU. So Marcus should have been working on sophomore/junior year depending on his credits.
    Go to 40:40 on this podcast and then tell me how I am wrong? http://www.kfan.com/media/podcast-pa...iams-24735931/

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post

Give it up. The article doesn't say anything at all about Jones being denied admission at the U of M - it specifically says that he didn't meet DI's initial minimum eligibility standards. After one year at a JUCO, he could end up as a U of M student. Marcus Williams could easily have gone that same route and ended up as a Gopher too... I mean, Brewster signed seven JUCOs in a single year. Too bad he couldn't coach and was terrible at evaluating players. Edit: Just listened to the link MarkyMark has there - guess I overestimated Brewster's ability to evaluate players (the link has a portion of interview where Marcus says that Brewster offered a PWO.)

I'm thinking that any school whose employees got caught doing homework for their athletes should maybe, I don't know, shut the hell up about another school's academics?
    Last edited by tony; 05-30-2014 at 04:08 PM.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Give it up. The article doesn't say anything at all about Jones being denied admission at the U of M - it specifically says that he didn't meet DI's initial minimum eligibility standards. After one year at a JUCO, he could end up as a U of M student. Marcus Williams could easily have gone that same route and ended up as a Gopher too... I mean, Brewster signed seven JUCOs in a single year. Too bad he couldn't coach and was terrible at evaluating players. Edit: Just listened to the link MarkyMark has there - guess I overestimated Brewster's ability to evaluate players (the link has a portion of interview where Marcus says that Brewster offered a PWO.)

I'm thinking that any school whose employees got caught doing homework for their athletes should maybe, I don't know, shut the hell up about another school's academics?
    Man, you are on a roll! LOL!!!