Thread: Georgia State wants to buy Turner Field, in Atlanta

Default Georgia State wants to buy Turner Field, in Atlanta

"The university wants to convert The Ted into a new 30,000-seat football, soccer and track-and-field stadium and build a new baseball park, academic buildings and green space. A private team led by real estate development powerhouse Carter and Columbia Residential would build private student housing, a mixed-use campus of shops, restaurants, retail and single-family and market-rate apartment homes on a majority of the surrounding area of about 80 acres."

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breakin...ajor-pr/nfq8X/

Default Re: Georgia State wants to buy Turner Field, in Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    "The university wants to convert The Ted into a new 30,000-seat football, soccer and track-and-field stadium and build a new baseball park, academic buildings and green space. A private team led by real estate development powerhouse Carter and Columbia Residential would build private student housing, a mixed-use campus of shops, restaurants, retail and single-family and market-rate apartment homes on a majority of the surrounding area of about 80 acres."

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breakin...ajor-pr/nfq8X/
    Not a bad idea! Better than playing in front of 5,000 in the Georgia Dome.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

But no ceiling to drop dollars from!

A nice straight shot by way of Capital Ave makes the site pretty accessible to the main campus. About 3/4 of a mile.

It would be a huge facilities jump for them, and sure to piss off the Georgia Southern crowd....

Cousin is professor at UGA. He told me that GA Southern has overtaken GA State in importance to the state.
    Says GA State is fading
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Cousin is professor at UGA. He told me that GA Southern has overtaken GA State in importance to the state.
    Says GA State is fading
    I'd agree with that....Southern has taken some very large academic steps in the last 10 to 15 years...its location in south Georgia doesn't hurt it, either...Tech and UGA are too close to State for it to pull away....