Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Project the Bison '14-'15 MBB Starters

Default Re: Project the Bison '14-'15 MBB Starters

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I really like the young guys but the fact remains if we want to make a run next year, we need an impact player who can play immediately. Can't build the program with 2 years if mediocre play
    I agree with this. Hopefully we don't have to ride a group of heavy impact seniors to the dance every five years. Who are going to be the tough ones in the Summit next year? IPFW? SDSU?

Haven't read this thread much.

My projection:

We will have some headscratchers. Good and bad. Just don't crash out in first round of Summit and don't get blown out!
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxTheMighty View Post
    I agree with this. Hopefully we don't have to ride a group of heavy impact seniors to the dance every five years. Who are going to be the tough ones in the Summit next year? IPFW? SDSU?
    Twice a decade runs is definitely not my definition of success. If that is the plan, interest in basketball will go nowhere and the 41 million dollar renovation was for nothing. Being in the Summit, no reason we can't make the big dance every year. We just won't win a game in the tournament every year and that's OK. This has to happen if we want basketball to be our #2 sport and build a new arena. Anything less is a failure. No rebuilding in the Summit. Were a mid major

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Twice a decade runs is definitely not my definition of success. If that is the plan, interest in basketball will go nowhere and the 41 million dollar renovation was for nothing. Being in the Summit, no reason we can't make the big dance every year. We just won't win a game in the tournament every year and that's OK. This has to happen if we want basketball to be our #2 sport and build a new arena. Anything less is a failure. No rebuilding in the Summit. Were a mid major
    Every year might be a bit of a stretch, but I would like to see at least every 2-3 years for sure. This tournament run and the new facility should make a giant impact on recruiting from now on. I would love to see a minor power built here in Fargo. I'm very excited to see Jacobson play next year. In my view he is the future of this team. I haven't seen much of Werner play but I have a little skepticism on his potential as a college player. We'll see I guess. We need guys bigger than 6'8 too. I know, I know. "They don't grow on trees."

Watching the pregame dunk contest prior to the IPFW game in Sioux Falls between Brown and Werner was awesome. I hadn't seen that from Dexter before, but holy crap was it impressive to watch!

Expecting a Summit League championship every year is a little bit irrational. If we make the Big Dance every year basketball won't be our number two sport.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Watching the pregame dunk contest prior to the IPFW game in Sioux Falls between Brown and Werner was awesome. I hadn't seen that from Dexter before, but holy crap was it impressive to watch!
    And you didn't video it with phone??FAIL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I'm not concerned about who starts. The team has potential for a deeper rotation. LA, Brown, Keading, Carlin, AJ, Dexter, VandenBergh, Miller, Wesenberg and at least one yet to be named big guy. Gonna be fun seeing the kids improve.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Expecting a Summit League championship every year is a little bit irrational. If we make the Big Dance every year basketball won't be our number two sport.
    Winning a game every year, yes. But don't think a trip to the big dance 3/5 years is a unrealistic goal at all. We play in the Summit and SDSU is our biggest obstacle. Maybe Oral Roberts or Denver from time to time. If we can be this good with the crappy BSA, what can we do now?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Winning a game every year, yes. But don't think a trip to the big dance 3/5 years is a unrealistic goal at all. We play in the Summit and SDSU is our biggest obstacle. Maybe Oral Roberts or Denver from time to time. If we can be this good with the crappy BSA, what can we do now?
    I agree with the success value, which is why football needs to stay where it's at. I also think USD is going to be right up there with us at the top in the next 2-3 years.