Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Let's chat about Felt

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Let's chat about Felt

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    This thread exists solely because of the emergence of Korey Brown
    I agree with this, not necessarily why Felt isn't shooting that great but the cut in minutes is because Brown is now developing a solid offensive game and is the best on the ball defender we have. It's hard to take a guy like that off the court, that being said I want to see Felt get a few more minutes during this homestand and head into the tourney knocking down some shots. If Brown gets in foul trouble or we need a spark we don't want our best shooter iced over from riding the bench down the stretch. If he hits one big 3 on Saturday his confidence will come storming back and we need that!

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

True and Saul likes to play the starters all game and never sub unless he has too. There are numerous players on this team who should have been playing 20 min a game early in the year, but never get a chance because of the lack of subbing. I think it's poor coaching to only play the starters because they develop no depth or experience with players that may be needed in crucial times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    True and Saul likes to play the starters all game and never sub unless he has too. There are numerous players on this team who should have been playing 20 min a game early in the year, but never get a chance because of the lack of subbing. I think it's poor coaching to only play the starters because they develop no depth or experience with players that may be needed in crucial times.
    You realize in order for multiple bench players to play 20 mins that means starters would play similar to that 20 number? Who you taking minutes away from and giving them too? Dupree is probably a kid who should have seen some more minutes but thats really about it. Really hard to take LA and Braun out of the game, they just do way to much and usually at a high level. Three bench players average over 10 mins a game, a fourth just off that.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's talk about over analysis... Can we get our own espn talking heads show too? Or maybe at least a radio show

Admittedly today was one of the few games i have gotten to watch from beginning to end....AND I tend not to post in the basketball forums as much anymore for reasons others have stated....but heres my take.

The few times he got in today...he was left alone to get open on his own. Nobody tries to help him get open. Seems we talked about this last year too.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Admittedly today was one of the few games i have gotten to watch from beginning to end....AND I tend not to post in the basketball forums as much anymore for reasons others have stated....but heres my take.

The few times he got in today...he was left alone to get open on his own. Nobody tries to help him get open. Seems we talked about this last year too.
    I think in order for him to get open he has to try to brush his defender off on the post guy and post defender. Today he was basically going back and forth from the two wing positions. Not to mention he only played like 5 or so minutes. Got called for fouls every time SDSU had the ball near him it seemed like. Think he got frustrated with that in the first half too.

Do I have it right that he is 46 points away from 1,000? Amazing to think that with a possible/probable 4-6 games left that he probably won't make that. I hope he catches fire Thursday and Saturday. Definitely understand if it doesn't work out and/or he doesn't get enough minutes to do so. Would just really to see NDSU with 5 1,000 point scorers, and be cool for Mike personally to accomplish that feat. Luckily, I'm sure he is much more focused on the ultimate goal of the NCAA tournament.