Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wyoming - College football extreme climate

Default Re: Wyoming - College football extreme climate

Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    This is going to take all night. The mountain (big) snow only comes from the southwest. Denver weather is an upslope. Meaning wind and moisture from Kansas or ok
    Are we talking about snow or wind? Yes, the upslope moisture comes off the plains up against the mountains, causing large amounts of snow and rain. Denver can also get large wet snows coming from the gulf out of the south and west, in addition to the mountains.

Im not done yet. When the computer feathers the blades (it doesnt do that) what that really means is the angle of attack is increased to allow for efficiency . the max in lift is created by max force, going fast wins in air travel. When the blades are really feathered they create negative lift. Its a stopping force. You are a child
    The computer system of a wind turbine will pitch the blades of the turbine to create the optimal rotational speed of the blades in relation to the wind speed in order to create electricity. Electricity can only be generated when wind speeds are typically between 8mph and 50mph (very high end and not as efficient). The predominant wind at the NREL wind turbine site (http://www.nrel.gov/nwtc/) outside Boulder is set up to maximize the predominant wind (off of the mountains to the northwest) - I know this as I worked for the Company who installed most of the turbines, I can see the turbines from my office everyday, and the airport runway right near that site is set up in a northwest fashion. Did I miss anything?

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Hey we need a 40,000 seat open air stadium!
    Ah, now thats a very very nice idea, this solves the seating capacity problem. Lets go FBS like Wyoming, get rid of the Fargodome walls and everybody bring your own metal folding chairs, there folks we have a 40000 capacity stadium and we are ready for FBS.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    I know that we get wind in ND. But, I've never experienced wind before, like the wind I've encountered in Wyoming, some places actually have "wind stops" instead of rest stops for high profile vehicles. If you like wind, Wyoming seems to be a really good pick.
    I spent some time west of Meteetse hunting in the higher elevations and the wind blew 50mph every day and that wasn't unusual so the locals told me. Nice country though. Better to look at than the RRV but hours upon hours in that wind could wear on you.

Where is Target?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Where is Target?????????
    About an hour ago there was a target on the back of a furry yellow coat, I don't know if it's still there.

Good god people......no one from ND or MN ought to call the WYO climate extreme! This is funny as hell!

Klieman will be in the NFL in 4 years. Thanks Mr Bohl and have a good horse ride.
    Gee Lakes, you don't think Klieman will stick around to lead us the FBS Promised Land?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

I just had a small wind blow out of my arse. You could call it a microburst but I'm not sure of the technical term. Does my pair of whitey tighties count as a stopping force?

Upon further measurement there might be more substance in my arse wind than this thread. Will continue to evaluate.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Good god people......no one from ND or MN ought to call the WYO climate extreme! This is funny as hell!
    Pretty harsh for playing in an outdoor stadium
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

this is really one special thread
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant