Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach K's Staff Prognostication

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Coach K's Staff Prognostication

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    So, looking at that list, Polasek might be in the neighborhood of $80,000. We can likely afford him.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

We can say with some certainty that Polasek makes $94,245 or less. I would hope that NDSU can offer an offensive coordinator more scratch than that. The question is whether or not Klieman has interested in Coach P and whether or not Coach P wants to come back to NDSU.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    So, looking at that list, Polasek might be in the neighborhood of $80,000. We can likely afford him.
    Nystrom makes 95k to coach linebackers and special teams. For you youngsters he was an assistant and linebacker coach here through 08
    He's a Michigan guy though so may be tough to nab him. He certainly could be a good DC. So would Stanard but I would assume Bohl will consider him as a DC and probably has more cash to throw at him

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Anyone else concerned about finding an OC that has experience running our style of offense?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Anyone else concerned about finding an OC that has experience running our style of offense?
    I think you can hire someone of a similar philosophy but maybe a different way of getting there. Our style is how Vigen evolved from purely a WCO to this hybrid of Erhardt/Perkins offense that the Patriots run and WCO. That is what it seems to me. Smashmouth football with a dink and dunk passing attack that attacks seams and eats time.

I think there are a lot of coaches who would share the philosophy that they want to eat time and have a balanced attack. Also, it should be important you let you personnel drive the play calling and not the other way around. They will find someone with that belief system but maybe a little different way of going about it.

By the way, Bill Musgrave might be looking for an OC job next year. His style would fit perfectly here.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk 4

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

offense will evolve. start with defense. we don't lose if they don't score
    "The bird is in your hand"

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Call me crazy, but I could see someone bringing in a spread offense with our returning players.

Wentz is much more of a spread QB than Jensen is
    Losing Grothman (yes I know there are other FBs on the team)
    Tons of talent at WR coming up

Don't get me wrong - I'd rather have any other offense than the spread, but wouldn't be surprised to see some variation of it in spring ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    Call me crazy, but I could see someone bringing in a spread offense with our returning players.

Don't get me wrong - I'd rather have any other offense than the spread, but wouldn't be surprised to see some variation of it in spring ball.
    Adding an element of the spread wouldn't be too bad but completely revamping the offense would be an epic mistake. We're a TOP team and the spread would hurt that. Every team sees the spread so it's easy to prepare for. Nobody sees the West Coast so it's a real challenge on a short week, much like the veer used to be back in the day.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post

Klieman said it himself that the best defense is an offense that spends a ton of time on the field. I highly doubt he's going to change that just because you have talented kids at skill positions. All that does is open up the playbook a little more once the offense gets a feel for itself and a confidence about itself. I'd be willing to bet we don't see much change.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

If we are going to bring Nystrom back, lets bring Breske back also. We'd have the worst defense in the conference. There is a reason we had a lot of coaches leave after the 07 season, and I hope a few of them never come back.