Thread: Southern Mississippi coach gives suits to seniors

Default Southern Mississippi coach gives suits to seniors

Here is a link to an article where the Southern Mississippi head coach gives his seniors suits so they are ready for upcoming job interviews.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/fo...65&feedID=3742

Hats off to you coach Monken. Pure class move.

Southern Mississippi's football season didn't exactly go very well with the Golden Eagles managing only a 1-11 record, but first-year head coach Todd Monken wants to make sure his graduating seniors have something to take away from their last year of football at the university.

According to Bret Becton, a Southern Mississippi associate professor; Monken awarded the 17 senior players with new suits during the team's banquet Sunday night so they will be prepared for upcoming job interviews after graduation.

As a note, the suits are not in violation of the NCAA’s policies since the players have exhausted their eligibility after the team’s final game.

The Golden Eagles' season did at least end on a high note for as they picked up a 62-27 win over UAB-- their first of the year-- in the team's last game on Saturday. With the win, the seniors now have momentum on their side as they venture out into the tough job market soon.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Default Re: Southern Mississippi coach gives suits to seniors

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Here is a link to an article where the Southern Mississippi head coach gives his seniors suits so they are ready for upcoming job interviews.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/fo...65&feedID=3742

Hats off to you coach Monken. Pure class move.

Southern Mississippi's football season didn't exactly go very well with the Golden Eagles managing only a 1-11 record, but first-year head coach Todd Monken wants to make sure his graduating seniors have something to take away from their last year of football at the university.

According to Bret Becton, a Southern Mississippi associate professor; Monken awarded the 17 senior players with new suits during the team's banquet Sunday night so they will be prepared for upcoming job interviews after graduation.

As a note, the suits are not in violation of the NCAA’s policies since the players have exhausted their eligibility after the team’s final game.

The Golden Eagles' season did at least end on a high note for as they picked up a 62-27 win over UAB-- their first of the year-- in the team's last game on Saturday. With the win, the seniors now have momentum on their side as they venture out into the tough job market soon.

Go Bison!

Dewey
    If he went to Jos. A. Bank on the right day he only had to pay for 5 of them.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Huh, pretty neat story. Life isn't all about football, folks!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Favre couldn't throw in some Wranglers too?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

NCAA to announce penalties on S. Mississippi for providing illegal benefits to 17 players in 3...2...1...

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    NCAA to announce penalties on S. Mississippi for providing illegal benefits to 17 players in 3...2...1...

read somewhere that this doesn't apply because after the season is over they can do things like this... Whether I believe that not sure, I had same thought.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    read somewhere that this doesn't apply because after the season is over they can do things like this... Whether I believe that not sure, I had same thought.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.
    After the season, they are just students. Their eligibility is over.

This story reminds me of the old prison release stories where ex-cons, upon release, would get a suit, a bus ticket, a little pocket money, and told to have a nice life. Depending how far back you go, some got a horse and rifle to begin their new life.

Nowadays, if you put up with a 1-11 season, your departing gift is a new suit.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    After the season, they are just students. Their eligibility is over.

This story reminds me of the old prison release stories where ex-cons, upon release, would get a suit, a bus ticket, a little pocket money, and told to have a nice life. Depending how far back you go, some got a horse and rifle to begin their new life.

Nowadays, if you put up with a 1-11 season, your departing gift is a new suit.

So, teh crazy speeds got a hockey jersey as they left?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    So, teh crazy speeds got a hockey jersey as they left?
    I suppose they could.